Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideolas Garage- Scam artist or reputable business?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 11:28 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by rap
A business that accepts money for a service or a purchase that is not performed is committing fraud. This business, person or owners reputation is not relevant. Contracts 101 first year of law school. A reputable person or business returns the money or doesn’t take it in the first place.
Well... I hear you in spirit, but fraud is covered in Torts, not Contracts, and you'd need to prove all the elements of fraud, including the intent to deceive. That said, there are plenty of causes of action that could apply if someone takes money and doesn't deliver.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rap
A business that accepts money for a service or a purchase that is not performed is committing fraud. This business, person or owners reputation is not relevant. Contracts 101 first year of law school. A reputable person or business returns the money or doesn’t take it in the first place.
Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Well... I hear you in spirit, but fraud is covered in Torts, not Contracts, and you'd need to prove all the elements of fraud, including the intent to deceive. That said, there are plenty of causes of action that could apply if someone takes money and doesn't deliver.
Screw both of you! Just when I thought the PTSD from first year was gone you guys bring it up again. Torts, Contracts, its a blur now, and I guess it was a blur to more than just me when we took those final exams. The statute of frauds is contracts, and it has "fraud" in it so it must be!
Old 11-17-2018, 12:34 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGK944

I never said I had a problem with you giving others a heads up that the site is still taking orders, that’s good info and thank you for that. My problem was you publically calling someone a scam artist when they clearly have other priorities in life that have prevented them from addressing the issue that’s #1 priority to you.

If he runs a business, then "other priorities in life" is not an excuse for poor service. See how far that defense gets you in a court of law. If you run a business, then run your ****ing business. If you can't run your business, then shut down your ****ing business and don't take any more orders. It's pretty ****ing simple, really. If he can afford a GTS, he can afford to refund $112 ****ing dollars. Ridiculous.

A lot of vendors that serve this community seem to be having problems doing basic things lately. I for one am getting really ****ing tired of it. The list of reputable vendors is getting shorter every day. I'm sticking with Paragon, Pelican, and Rose Passion from here on out. Good luck, "boutique" guys - you just ****ed yourselves out of business as far as I'm concerned. I mean, I've had much better luck with Ebay than most "boutique" vendors these days, for ****s sake.

Last edited by AkechiMotors; 11-17-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:34 AM
s14kev
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

No prob MAGK944. I didn't realize his main page was shut down as I found his site by searching for "944 stage 8 locking fasteners". Search engine link went directly to his suspension page. I'm not sure if he shut down the main page before or after my order. I don't do facebook/social media so would have no idea of any of these announcements. I emailed him directly after placing my order and he replied immediately so he was definitely aware of my order. The thread he has on his NACA ducts for sale is disappointing. I feel we are a reasonable group and a simple explanation was all that was needed. Why is he posting under a new username of "dbeckettjr" instead of "ideola"? I had no idea he had more than one username. Definitely seems more sketchy now. Why damage what seemed to have been a reasonable reputation over a measly $112 order? I guess our thoughts on him having other life priorities was wrong as his priority still seems to be selling stuff and making money.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:10 AM
PaulD_944S2
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Kev, if you used a credit card or PayPal, just call/email them and explain that you have not received the product you purchased. Let them take care of it for you. Done.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Paul: He was already refunded by paypal..

I bought full set of ARP engine fasteners from Ideola at one point and got everything just as I expected with some bonus ideola decals.

He will probably get back to you.

Last edited by Voith; 11-17-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:04 PM
PaulD_944S2
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Voith, glad to hear he got his refund.

I never bought anything from Ideola's Garage, (spent a lot of time at his website which is still up) but I did see a message that he was "scaling back."

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=43886
Old 11-18-2018, 09:06 AM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does scaling back mean not filling orders or refunding paymentS?

Quick Reply: Ideolas Garage- Scam artist or reputable business?