924/931/944/951/968 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this oil pump still usable?

Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 AM
marc abrams
User

Originally Posted by 951and944S View Post
Now you see...., I was going to let you slide.

The OP said he noticed a chunk missing out of the casting as the focal (pun intended) point of his concerns.

You rushed in to say "that's exactly why you had oil pressure problems".

Then after it's pointed out that this is a normal feature of these pumps, you come up with some imaginary defect that's impossible to determine from an internet jpeg and then blame somebody else for not being able to see your boogey man.

It's pretty obvious that you know next to nothing about this oil pump so why don't you just sit down.

T
Okay, let me explain something to you now. Back in the late 70's I was a full time mechanic and also had a part time job rebuilding automatic transmissions and I've seen hundreds of those types of gear pumps. About 1 out of 10 pumps had that kind of wear. While I can't say with certainty that those pumps was the cause of low line pressure, but never the less they weren't reused.

As for this forum, you guys are the most arrogant bunch of stuck up glorified Volkswagen owners on God's green earth. My renewal is coming up soon and I'll be god damn if this site gets another $17 from me ever again. I'm done with Rennlist.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: