Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have a European Turbo bumper on their car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 12:56 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Does anyone have a European Turbo bumper on their car?

If so, could you answer a question about the bumper pad (the black piece of rubber that bolts onto the bumper)? I received one recently, and it only had seven threaded studs along the long portion, but no threaded studs on the corners. There are corresponding holes on the bumper that suggest there should be studs on the corners of the bumper pads. I was told the corners attach with self-threading screws, but that doesn't seem right to me. Porsche has NLA'd these parts, so it's hard to find this info anywhere, so any first-hand experience would be really helpful.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:19 AM
944crazy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the corners are attached with screws.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:49 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh really? So there are seven threaded studs embedded in the pad, but you drill in a self-tapping screw to attach the sides? And the screws are inserted from the outside of the pad? It's just that in pictures of Euro Turbo bumper pads, I don't see any screws on the outside of the corners of the pad. Do the screws go through the pre-drilled holes in the bumper and attach like the threaded studs, with nuts? Thanks!
Old 10-18-2018, 09:14 AM
944crazy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AkechiMotors
Oh really? So there are seven threaded studs embedded in the pad, but you drill in a self-tapping screw to attach the sides? And the screws are inserted from the outside of the pad? It's just that in pictures of Euro Turbo bumper pads, I don't see any screws on the outside of the corners of the pad. Do the screws go through the pre-drilled holes in the bumper and attach like the threaded studs, with nuts? Thanks!
Not self tapping screws, just normal screws as the pad has holes in it for them. The screws get screwed into the pad from inside the bumper.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a European Turbo bumper on their car?