Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you let the girlfriend drive the Porsche?
Yes
51.00%
No
45.00%
She's got her own Porsche
4.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Do you let the girlfriend/wife/s.o. drive the Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 11:29 PM
mick944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife OK in P-Car

I let the wife drive the 944(her car in shop,golf course,out on the town,ect).I've had 4 944s and she said she liked the 85 1/2 the best.My current unit(83) has manual steering(and 225/50/16s) up front so she complains about effort required to turn the wheel.She actually was involved in serious accident in my 87(totaled when hit from behind by a driver going 60 mph).She was hurt pretty bad(testament to structure of the car and the seats that she wasn't killed)(her first words to the police before they could contact me and the ambulance arrived was to make sure they told me that it(accident) was not her fault because she knew how much I cared about that car(made me feel bad)(insurance check made feel good again though-bought an 84 from a friend that he had in storage .).Anyway,the only thing I notice after she has been in it(besides the radio stations being messed up) is the clutch seems to feel different(might be a figment of my immagination but it just feels a little different-hard to explain).Nothing looks better than a hot lady in a 944.(My biggest challenge has been keeping my 19 yr old daughter out of it-she's into the fast and furious stuff and is obsessed with her tricked out Nissan Maxima).I have ,however,let my son take it out(with much anxiety until it is back at home in its garage) with no side effects that I know of(he was the one that got the whole Porsche thing going when he talked me into buying my first 944(15 yrs ago ) it was sitting on a lot by our house and you should of seen the looks(from the wife) when we pulled up in it(not good).

Quick Reply: Do you let the girlfriend/wife/s.o. drive the Porsche?