Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 S part-out plus early-offset wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 04:04 PM
Christopher Zach
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry to hear it burned, that's one less 944S in existence. Was it the fuel line that went over the exhaust, I caught mine with a nice big bubble in it and replaced before it blew.

If you have the side molding strips with the 16 ventalier markings I would be interested for my freshly painted 944S.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:57 PM
Mr. Toasty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was actually one of the lines at the front of the fuel rail by the fuel pressure damper. The ones that go over the exhaust were somehow still in decent shape when I pulled the engine.

Unfortunately, the 16 ventiler badges went with the fenders a while ago. I have the side moldings on the doors, but that's all.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:09 PM
Christopher Zach
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Ouch. I recall there was a recall on those lines and the fuel rail. Sorry it went foom.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:09 PM
Mr. Toasty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated parts list at the top of the thread, and here for convenience

A general list of what I have:
-engine block and internals, valves, lifters (some good, some shot), cam drive gear, bellhousing, clutch (no head, no power steering pump, no alternator)
-transaxle, torque tube, shifter rod
-rear hatch, doors, small side windows, bumpers, outside mirrors, marker lights and headlights (no fenders, no tail lights)
-complete lock set with key, trim pieces (no dash, no carpets, a couple smaller trim pieces also sold already)
-complete suspension and brakes, along with 2 extra rear calipers. Shocks/struts possibly blown. Rear suspension subframe in good shape
-working DME, loads of electrical connectors, lots of small parts

What I do NOT have:
trunk hatch, fenders, door handles (I DO have the lock cores), roof panel, sunroof mechanism, wiper mechanism, seats, rear seat belts, dash, carpets, interior door panels, HVAC controls, center mirror, parking brake handle, trim pieces from instrument cluster and right side of dash, sunroof bag, steering wheel, wheels, fuel pump, power steering pump, alternator, steering rack, cam cover, bare cylinder head, exhaust headers

Quick Reply: 944 S part-out plus early-offset wheels