Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Fluid Preventative Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 09:18 AM
951North
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex89
The blue fluid in the line is the total amount I was able to draw out before quitting. Luckily amazon does very easy returns so I'm sending it back today and will be ordering a Motive 0100 Power Bleeder from Pelican as I should have in the first place. I found a company that will import stuff for me from the US for a big discount so that should help me out going forward.
Who is your importer... shipping from us sucks. Although i find RockAuto quite reasonable.

To stay on topic, I built my pressure bleeder from a pressure vessel, pressure gauge and old brake reservoir cap I had laying around, only cost me $5 for vinyl tubing. all you really need is a sealed container you can attach a vinyl tube and reservoir cap to and a shrader valve.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Alex89
Advanced

Originally Posted by 951North
Who is your importer... shipping from us sucks. Although i find RockAuto quite reasonable.
Agreed on RockAuto, they’re my go-to vendor because of this whenever possible. I’m trying out a company called Cross Border Pickups; I haven’t gotten my order yet so don’t count this as an endorsement (yet). Basically they assign me a shipping address and unit number in Niagara Falls, NY. Then they drive over the border with it and handle the customers and I can pick it up in Markham. It should cost around $9-$15 for that (plus any duties) so it’s worth a try.

When I think about how much more it has cost me to restore my 951 compared to our American neighbors because of shipping and exchange rates... well I try not to think about it.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Swenny
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Be careful with rockauto, I just began to replace the lower radiator hose and the Gates replacement from rock auto is cut wrong.It interferes with the fan. I purchased the upper and lower in March so no returns. I have received accessory belts that were dried out and they replaced them- with more new old stock.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:28 AM
951North
Pro

Originally Posted by Swenny
Be careful with rockauto, I just began to replace the lower radiator hose and the Gates replacement from rock auto is cut wrong.It interferes with the fan. I purchased the upper and lower in March so no returns. I have received accessory belts that were dried out and they replaced them- with more new old stock.
Admittedly I’ve mostly bought parts for my newer 2008+ cars from them.

Quick Reply: Clutch Fluid Preventative Maintenance?