Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944online reputable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 10:20 AM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

For the last 11 years they have been one of my "go to" vendors along with Paragon Parts and Pelican Parts. All three have been great to work with. As for price, I can't say one has consistently been cheaper than the others or vise versa.(Well maybe 944online has been a bit higher but not too much out of line with the others.) Shipping has always been good and overall customer service has been top notch. I've dealt with Lindsey Racing and only944 on more specialized items and had similar experiences with them as well.

For me, 944online will continue to be one of my "go to" vendors along with the rest that I mentioned.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:49 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

I've gotten stuff from them. Some is competitively prices, some not so much.

Service has been pretty good, except for when they sent me a pair of used parking brake shoes. Really. I opened the box and they were shot. It took a few minutes to realize that they were old and used.
A phone call and they had new ones coming out to me within a day or two.

I would order from them again if the situation called for it.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:05 AM
pfarah7
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 148 Posts

I've ordered parts from Ian and Steve for around 6 yrs. They are a small shop and as so (in my opinion), offer very good customer service while carrying most parts, including some hard to find items, in stock. I think if you're a regular customer, they do try to massage the prices down a bit so they're in line with other distributors for most items. I paid them a visit 2 yrs ago during my 5k mile country trek and the guys were nothing but kind while spending time with me showing their operation. I consider 944Online an invaluable resource when compiling a parts list!
Old 07-15-2018, 07:29 PM
lamrith
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had sent an email to Steve a few days before posting this which is why I had posted as I had no response. I emailed Ian and he responded within an hour and made sure the order went out that day. It will be delivered to my work tomorrow.

Thanks guys,
Old 11-16-2018, 09:34 PM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fejjj
I did not receive good service from them.

I didn't either, and I wish I had, because I don't think it's intentional, but their service - in my experience - is terrible. On top of that, their prices are high; I got a part from Rose Passion that 944online claimed to have (then sent the wrong part, then told me they couldn't provide the proper exchange), and even including the shipping from France, Rose Passion was cheaper than what 944online originally charged. A month after placing that order, I'm STILL trying to work out an end to the transaction after multiple emails (some of which went unanswered) and phone calls (I shouldn't have to call a vendor to fix a problem they created - they should be calling me to update me on how they are fixing the problem), and have yet to receive parts I was promised (and need badly). Oh, and their "kits" aren't complete - if you're going to market something as a "kit," it should include everything necessary to use the part and not lack critical hardware that you have to go elsewhere to find.

I won't be buying from them again - it shouldn't take over a month to make things right. I'll give them (him, really) another week, then I guess I'm going to have to challenge the charge to get the money I'm owed. I've been polite and patient, going so far as to suggest a solution that allowed them to make money on the order they screwed up, and still it's not completely fixed. Absurd.

Whatever 944online carries, so does Paragon and Pelican, and apparently Rose Passion carries things at a discount that 944online can't even provide.

Last edited by AkechiMotors; 11-16-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

I always had top notch experiences with Ian and 944online. Once I forgot to pick up his package at post office and it returned to US. He sent it back and paid for shipping from his pocket.

​​​​
Old 11-20-2018, 09:34 PM
gtroth
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A+ from me. Many orders over the years. Several helpful phone calls. Nothing negative.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:22 AM
tempest411
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 149 Posts

I've never had any bad experiences with them. Some other vendors may be liwer on some items, but often 944Online's presentation provides more information, which is worth something to me as a consumer, so I don't mind paying that little extra bit.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:09 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

+1, Ian went above and beyond to help me with an eBay order from them.
So much so, that he is now my go to for parts.
He earned my business from that point forward.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Just ordered from him, I'll report back when parts arrive.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Swenny
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've emailed 944online with no response. So I went to other sources and there are many because we have such cool cars. 20th street auto in Phoenix has a Porsche grave yard but expect to pay half of new- Autohausaz is exceptional in the customer service dept. and offers quality new parts. I've just ordered from Larts Porsche parts and so far it's been a good experience. Rockauto will send you new/old stock so watch out for that. Partsgeek always provides quality product when I order from them. Arnworx is ran by another Porsche enthusiast and provides quality products. There's a junk yard in Massachusetts that is on eBay and the parts that I have received haven't worked. That's up to you to use eBay. Hit and miss. Amazon is well,good for fuzzy dice,not too much product. I've heard Rennbay provides good product but I haven't used them. Share resources with each other because that promotes companies to stock Porsche or salvage Porsche because they can make a buck and that is good for everyone.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:01 PM
tempest411
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 149 Posts

People e-mail me without response as well. I get busy, and forget, and I'm not even trying to run a business. Don't take it personally.

Salvage yards are good for things that can be reconditioned, like cylinder heads and the like, or for items that are otherwise unobtainable. But the primary market for 944Online is in new parts. You can't really compare the two. Sometimes my customers at the suto psrts store I work at will try and tell me they can get xyz part at the wrecking yard for less as an argument for the cost of a new or rebuilt part being too high. All I can do is tell them it sounds like they found a really good deal and that they should go for it.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Swenny
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tempest411
People e-mail me without response as well. I get busy, and forget, and I'm not even trying to run a business. Don't take it personally.

Salvage yards are good for things that can be reconditioned, like cylinder heads and the like, or for items that are otherwise unobtainable. But the primary market for 944Online is in new parts. You can't really compare the two. Sometimes my customers at the suto psrts store I work at will try and tell me they can get xyz part at the wrecking yard for less as an argument for the cost of a new or rebuilt part being too high. All I can do is tell them it sounds like they found a really good deal and that they should go for it.
There are many resources for our p-cars out there and 944online isn't the only one. If you've had no problems with them that's cool. If you run a business and expect to have and keep customers return their inquires. It's not about being butt hurt it's about fixing my ride. I have money for parts,they don't want it,there's another business willing to provide the service. I listed salvage and new parts in my post for alternative sources for ridiculously priced Porsche parts. The guy that started this thread was just wondering what's up with that place. I won't shop there.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:21 AM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 72 Posts

I have ordered atleast 15 times from 944online, Ian always helps out.
Lart Porsche parts is also a wery good dealer

On the other hand, om now in 10 weeks on waiting for a wing from Sportwagenzurich... i might be on a plane to Switzerland soon.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:11 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ealoken
I have ordered atleast 15 times from 944online, Ian always helps out.
Lart Porsche parts is also a wery good dealer

On the other hand, om now in 10 weeks on waiting for a wing from Sportwagenzurich... i might be on a plane to Switzerland soon.
umm yeah... you know who those guys are right? tbh, havent heard much feedback since Sportwagen, was hoping it was better though.

IRT 944online, I have ordered several things through them and had no issues. They are at the pricier end of the scale for me compared to their competition which i need to take into consideration as I have to factor shipping to NZ on top. They do have some hard to find bits and pieces and I've even found some RHD parts I was after.

Early July this year I ordered a new 944S airbox. I had been searching all over the show for a decent secondhand one or a good price and thought a new one that 944online had listed was a good price. When I ordered I was under the pump for an airbox for my 968 conversion and planned to need it quickly.

It had been about 2 weeks and when checking my order status it was still showing as processing. I checked the listing and found the price had gone up by a fair margin, but no word from 944online.
https://944online.com/index.php/944-s-air-cleaner.html

Ian got finally back to me after another week and another nudge and said they couldn't get me one for their listed price and apologised for not getting back to me as quick as they should have. They refunded me as the new price was well out of my budget.

I think they didn't handle my order very well, but I consider this out of character for them.

Last edited by J1NX3D; 11-26-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 944online reputable?