Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Request for admins

Old 05-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Keith Coe
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Request for admins

I currently have a 1988 928 S4 and am looking to find a 944. I've looked through Rennlist classifieds many times for 944's for sale and very few (if any) show up. On the 928 page, we have a sticky thread where members can advertise their 928's for sale or provide links to 928's being sold elsewhere. It has been a very popular addition to our page. Just wondering if something similar could be added to this forum. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 PM
divil
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Coe
I currently have a 1988 928 S4 and am looking to find a 944. I've looked through Rennlist classifieds many times for 944's for sale and very few (if any) show up. On the 928 page, we have a sticky thread where members can advertise their 928's for sale or provide links to 928's being sold elsewhere. It has been a very popular addition to our page. Just wondering if something similar could be added to this forum. Thanks!
That might be a good idea, but just FYI people do cross post to here all the time, and provide links to craigslist, ebay etc. Right now there's a thread in the 944 Turbo forum called something like "Why am I having trouble settling my Turbo S" and another one with a link to a rare 1990 Turbo for sale on craigslist.

EDIT...I looked back through the last few weeks for the hell of it. By the time I got to page 4 of this forum I found at least 4 cars listed for sale. With the 2 currently in the Turbo forum that's 6 at least in the last 3 weeks or so, and I didn't even look at previous pages in the turbo forum!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:36 PM
benchod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/marketpl...min-max/f10-1/

From the top drop down menu select marketplace, then vehicle marketplace, then select 944 in other models. I was able to firm up a deal using this feature. Indeed you have to know what you're looking for but it is there.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by divil
That might be a good idea, but just FYI people do cross post to here all the time, and provide links to craigslist, ebay etc. Right now there's a thread in the 944 Turbo forum called something like "Why am I having trouble settling my Turbo S" and another one with a link to a rare 1990 Turbo for sale on craigslist.

EDIT...I looked back through the last few weeks for the hell of it. By the time I got to page 4 of this forum I found at least 4 cars listed for sale. With the 2 currently in the Turbo forum that's 6 at least in the last 3 weeks or so, and I didn't even look at previous pages in the turbo forum!
+4718 (sum of all model numbers in this forum)
Old 05-15-2018, 09:13 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do find the Forum Search Tools to be totally maddening. (I could be doing it wrong, but haven't figured out how, yet)
I put in in a Search filter, I get the first page of results, okay great.
But try clicking on page 2 or any other page at the bottom, and I'm rewarded with NOTHING.

The fact that I'm PAYING to be tortured like this only adds to the frustration.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:36 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

the 968 subforum has a craigslist/ebay/BaT thread to list the pros and cons of most offerings. some users make notes of their ads
Old 05-16-2018, 09:00 AM
Keith Coe
Racer

Originally Posted by benchod
https://rennlist.com/forums/marketpl...min-max/f10-1/

From the top drop down menu select marketplace, then vehicle marketplace, then select 944 in other models. I was able to firm up a deal using this feature. Indeed you have to know what you're looking for but it is there.
I do that frequently but there's virtually no 944's listed there. I just thought that if Rennlist 944 owners looking to sell put their vehicle information in this forum it would benefit all. It's worked quite well in the 928 forum.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Keith Coe
Racer

Originally Posted by divil

This is why we put a sticky note at the top of the first page for folks looking to sell. Posts can get buried real quick on an active forum. With the sticky note, it's right there when you open the page.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Request for admins