Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from the experts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got this figured out. It was the fuel injector rebuild kits. The first one came from my LAPS. Thought that might be the problem, so I bought the kit on Pelican. Still no go.

Spent two months futzing with it looking at everything I touched along the way, and came back to the injectors.

Gave it one more shot with a kit from Lindsey Racing. That did the trick. She fired right up.

I think the difference is with the little "hats" on the end of the injectors. The other two kits had blue ones where the little pin didn't extend past the plastic when they were seated. The Lindsey Racing kit has yellow hats where the end of the pin was just a little past flush with the plastic when seated.

Going to order another one right now, just so I'll have a kit that works if I should need it. Sheesh.

For anyone thinking of rebuilding their own injectors, it isn't hard at all. Just make sure you have the correct kit.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

I got the injector kits from a Porsche dealer; they were not very expensive at all, and they came with the yellow hats.

That said, the place I had clean my injectors suggested I keep the original ‘red’ hats—better flow. Too bad three outta four cracked as I tried to install the rail
Old 05-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two of my original ones were actually cracked when I pulled them out. Oh well, the new ones from Lindsey work great. Between the injector rebuild and fixing a huge vacuum leak, my car is driving better than ever.

Quick Reply: Need help from the experts...