Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

83 944 No Heat No Clogs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 01:08 AM
GlassCake
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 83 944 No Heat No Clogs

So i have an interesting issue now,

Let me list everything that I have done because im stumped now;

*Replaced heater valve with a length of pipe (always open)
*Check all the pipes for clogs
*Unclogged a few of the pipes

So to test that nothing is clogged I hooked up a pipe from the input of the heater core (before the valve) and blew into it and coolant came out of the input side. (from the engine)

Then I did the reverse and hooked up a hose and blew into the discharge side of the heater core and coolant came out of the pipe above the exhaust.

Bled out the cooling system with the hose off the bleeder valve into the reservoir.

So I'm convinced that nothing is clogged but that's where i run out of ideas

I was thinking maybe there's a big air bubble in the heater core and its not getting any flow so that's why its not getting hot but every time I take the hose off coolant comes from the heater core side.

I was wondering if the PO from hell might have replaced the heater core with a U bend tube? but what would the point of that be???

Anyone have any ideas for diagnosing this? Its starting to get cold here in Cali and id love to drive this car daily
Old 11-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

I wonder if there's a plug in the water pump nipple... We racers tap it and put in a pipe plug to seal it off...

Quick Reply: 83 944 No Heat No Clogs