Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was anyone else here affected by Harvey?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 03:46 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Was anyone else here affected by Harvey?

I'm in Houston (Westchase area) and wanted to check on other folks in the area. Are you guys ok? Cars ok? Please reach out to me if you need a place to stay, a ride somewhere, or any supplies like dry clothing or food/clean water. Or if your family or loved ones could use a hand - I have a week off from work from this and want to help the area in the meantime. My area didn't flood, but s**t went sideways about a block away, near Buffalo Bayou.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:48 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

HARVEY
Old 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by odonnell
I'm in Houston (Westchase area) and wanted to check on other folks in the area. Are you guys ok? Cars ok? Please reach out to me if you need a place to stay, a ride somewhere, or any supplies like dry clothing or food/clean water. Or if your family or loved ones could use a hand - I have a week off from work from this and want to help the area in the meantime. My area didn't flood, but s**t went sideways about a block away, near Buffalo Bayou.
Pouring down on/off around Baton Rouge.

Checked on Jason/Paragon yesterday, they are ok and up and running on backup generator.

Saw a 928 from Rockport with debris from a fallen building on it over in the 928 board.

Cajun Navy already in Houston....

T
Old 08-29-2017, 04:03 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Stay safe T....

I guess everyone has heard about the looters firing at the Cajun Navy as they were making water rescues. I wish they had fired back and rid us of the scum. Looters are going to be apparent over the next few days unfortunately...I'm strapped though
Old 08-29-2017, 04:06 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok odonnell. I was worried about you. And your car! We had nine inches of rain from a hurricane and it was a complete disaster here. I can't imagine over 20/30 inches. Insane!

Hope the sun returns soon for you.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:22 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Stay safe T....

I guess everyone has heard about the looters firing at the Cajun Navy as they were making water rescues. I wish they had fired back and rid us of the scum. Looters are going to be apparent over the next few days unfortunately...I'm strapped though
Yup, during Katrina, there were a bunch of cases of "people" shooting at rescuers.
I was at work in the day or two after and a couple of guys around the shop secured a boat and were gonna volunteer rescuing.
State Police told us not to come, shots fired at rescuers.

Fake news said that all these reports were bulls**t.

If you could see our local news, truck after truck after truck with tons of food/water/essentials sitting on dock ready to load into more trucks headed y'all way.

Guys in charge said "Texas always has our back and we always have Texas' back"

Louisiana and Texas could have been one state as far as I'm concerned.

We used to race TWS a lot and always had Texas and Louisiana crossed flag decal on back of the car.

Y'all take care,

T
Old 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
Glad to hear you are ok odonnell. I was worried about you. And your car! We had nine inches of rain from a hurricane and it was a complete disaster here. I can't imagine over 20/30 inches. Insane!

Last year, almost 12 months to the day if I'm not mistaken, the Baton Rouge flood saw 24 inches in 48 hours in some places.

It was just a large slow moving system just like this hurricane.

Seemed like it would never leave.

T
Old 08-29-2017, 05:37 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe

Thanks man. Both Porsches are present and accounted for!

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Yup, during Katrina, there were a bunch of cases of "people" shooting at rescuers.
I was at work in the day or two after and a couple of guys around the shop secured a boat and were gonna volunteer rescuing.
State Police told us not to come, shots fired at rescuers.

Fake news said that all these reports were bulls**t.

If you could see our local news, truck after truck after truck with tons of food/water/essentials sitting on dock ready to load into more trucks headed y'all way.

Guys in charge said "Texas always has our back and we always have Texas' back"

Louisiana and Texas could have been one state as far as I'm concerned.

We used to race TWS a lot and always had Texas and Louisiana crossed flag decal on back of the car.

Y'all take care,

T
Yessir - side by side for a reason! Can't wait to visit again soon, I'm in Port Fourchon and NOLA a lot for work.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Chalt
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I am from Spring and my parents still live there. No water in their house, but it could... their streets are flooded. My wife's parents live in Santa Fe (that's near Alvin), and so far their house is okay and dry. I live north of Huntsville, we are okay. We're hoping and praying people can be rescued and the rain will diminish. Glad you are okay Odonnell.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:12 PM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

"the Baton Rouge flood saw 24 inches in 48 hours in some places."

That's been a "normal" winter for me the past 35 years. Here in the Santa Cruz mountains we get monsoons in winter instead of hurricanes in summer. No one mentions them.

Because I'm on steep sloped land (a ridgetop at 1900') I don't get flooded but the folks along the San Lorenzo River below me do. It's not as bad as the Russian River valley up north, but it get's pretty hairy sometimes. Last winter, the winter of 2007 and the winter of 1998 were real exciting around here. In 2007 I had sustained 110 mph winds for four hours, it was Jan. 7th. Blew out a set of 6 french doors and drove rain 20' into my living room.

Sometimes, when the wind is that strong, the rain actually goes up around my place.

You folks take care down there. We're all rootin' for you, but be careful of the ones shootin' at you...
Old 08-29-2017, 08:18 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

^^i went to Russian River in 2006, stayed there for a week...
it was raining when i got there, raining when i left, and never stopped in between.
the river was sure "Rushin"..
Old 08-29-2017, 09:24 PM
pfarah7
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 148 Posts

My thoughts are with you guys from up here in New England...
Old 08-30-2017, 01:59 AM
steven74
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are all safe. I live near Cypress in northwest Houston and the water rose to just inside our garage but stopped short of coming in the house. I was able to get all the cars and equipment of the ground before sitting in water. Had to evacuate to a shelter for last night with my wife and boys, but were able to return today. Due to extreme procrastination, the Porsche was prepared for this event over 3 years in advance but being on jack stands since 2014. All ok and safe at this time and there is no longer any rain or water in the streets. Even saw some sunshine for an hour or so today.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:49 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Glad you're ok Steve, was about to shoot you a text to see how you were holding up.

Morale seems high as we re-open stores and see shelters flooded with volunteering offers. Then there's stuff like this

Old 08-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you're ok Steve, was about to shoot you a text to see how you were holding up.

Morale seems high as we re-open stores and see shelters flooded with volunteering offers. Then there's stuff like this

Both of those will be on the market as soon as the insurancecheck clears and still sell for stupid money

Quick Reply: Was anyone else here affected by Harvey?