924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Rebuild Kit + other parts suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:31 PM
dreygata
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rebuild Kit + other parts suggestions

Well, it's been quite an adventure tearing apart my 924S engine so far, but I'm finally at the point where I'll be ordering my rebuild kit soon, but as always, I would like to hear the suggestions of the more experienced.

I plan on NOT going to a performance route with this build. I plan on doing one or two autocrosses for the fun of it, but nothing beyond that. That being said, are there any recommended "upgrades" out there while I'm here? Any preferred rebuild kit vendors. I prefer not going the Lindsey Racing route, as their stuff seems incredibly expensive for much of the same components. Should I replace cylinder head studs or is that unnecessary for my usage? Is going for an upgraded oil pan baffle worth it for my usage?

I do plan on rebuilding my power steering pump and rack after getting all of this in, but that will be a bit later.

You guys have been incredibly helpful in turning this project from something scary and daunting, to something completely manageable.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:46 PM
ganz924S
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Offset camshaft key, seems like it made a difference in my car especially around 3000 RPM

Quick Reply: Rebuild Kit + other parts suggestions