924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

WTB: 1988 924S-SE

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:14 AM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts
Default WTB: 1988 924S-SE

Looking for a decent 1988 924S-SE to campaign in SCCA E-street autocross. 2 years left of eligibility in national competition. Must be nearly stock and complete, no sunroof.

Please let me know if you have one you might sell, or know where one might be.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 02-17-2017, 07:47 PM
KevW
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 SE near Annapolis Maryland

Hi Ed, there was one in my area, southern Maryland, I looked at back in June , similar to mine...
https://goo.gl/photos/xue1doUFDok2t2pW9
Of course it's the same as mine in form e, but I would say only in fair condition. It was a solid car, but has 170k miles whereas mine in the pic has about 82k. His needs timing belt changed(owner had parts), needs brakes all around, two calipers stuck, needed a ps hose replaced has AC but did not work. Sunroof latches need fixing, I did drive it and it started and ran well, clutch was good (grabbed rubber in second).. He was keeping the car garaged... The grey cloth was replace back with original. It had all the SE codes, 756, 030, mud guards, mirror delete. He had all the records only one weird gap, but then he wanted 6500, I thought and still think that was way high for the condition...That's why I bought one with lower miles nicer interior and ready to drive (drove my SE from Michigan to Maryland, and it was sweet!).
IMO his needed about 2000 to do the timing, brakes, and shocks tires to drive it regular. I can see if he still has it for sale?..Since they are unique and fun to drive was going to keep mine, just got cookie cutters and new tires for mine...Would probably take to much to sway me ; )
Best regards, kevin
Old 03-26-2017, 11:28 PM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by KevW
Hi Ed, there was one in my area, southern Maryland, I looked at back in June , similar to mine...
https://goo.gl/photos/xue1doUFDok2t2pW9
Of course it's the same as mine in form e, but I would say only in fair condition. It was a solid car, but has 170k miles whereas mine in the pic has about 82k. His needs timing belt changed(owner had parts), needs brakes all around, two calipers stuck, needed a ps hose replaced has AC but did not work. Sunroof latches need fixing, I did drive it and it started and ran well, clutch was good (grabbed rubber in second).. He was keeping the car garaged... The grey cloth was replace back with original. It had all the SE codes, 756, 030, mud guards, mirror delete. He had all the records only one weird gap, but then he wanted 6500, I thought and still think that was way high for the condition...That's why I bought one with lower miles nicer interior and ready to drive (drove my SE from Michigan to Maryland, and it was sweet!).
IMO his needed about 2000 to do the timing, brakes, and shocks tires to drive it regular. I can see if he still has it for sale?..Since they are unique and fun to drive was going to keep mine, just got cookie cutters and new tires for mine...Would probably take to much to sway me ; )
Best regards, kevin
Thanks for the info. I now have a line on two different cars, after buying an '89 944! Still might also buy an SE.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:03 AM
K9B
6th Gear

Default 1988 924SE for sale. Adult owned.

Originally Posted by edfishjr
Looking for a decent 1988 924S-SE to campaign in SCCA E-street autocross. 2 years left of eligibility in national competition. Must be nearly stock and complete, no sunroof.

Thanks,

Ed
I have a 1988 924S-SE I am thinking about selling. Runs and drives fantastic! Very cold ac, no sunroof, new timing belt, rollers,tensioners, upgraded Turbo water pump, starter, seals, all Porsche parts, very clean engine, front air dam, great dashboard, thousands of $$$ in parts with receipts, located in Orlando FL. Cup 1 and Cup 2's, 17" chrome wheels, interior near perfect, with little tear on bolster driver seat,etc,etc!
Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 AM
K9B
6th Gear

Originally Posted by K9B
I have a 1988 924S-SE I am thinking about selling. Runs and drives fantastic! Original owner painted the car guards red, ouch, 2ND owner for the last 14 years, i am the 3rd owner and im glad i have rescued this car. I'm an Adult Porsche enthusiast and I'm very meticulous in maintaining my Porsches.Very cold ac, no sunroof, new timing belt, rollers,tensioners, upgraded Turbo water pump, starter, seals, all Porsche parts, very clean engine, front air dam, great dashboard, thousands of $$$ in parts with receipts, located in Orlando FL. Cup 1 and Cup 2's, 17" chrome wheels, interior near perfect, new zimmerman rotors and Pagid pads up front,with little tear on bolster driver seat, many new parts, to much to list, etc,etc!

Original 1st owner painted the car guards red. I know, why? Geez! 2nd owner owned the car for 14 years and i am recently the third owner and proud to have rescued this car.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 AM
marucus1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested
please pm
thanks
Old 12-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Rick Ryhal
Rennlist Member

Did this 924S-SE sell?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:05 PM
JoeBoxer
Cruisin'

Default Still looking for an 88SE?

Originally Posted by edfishjr

Thanks,

Ed
There just might be one coming up for sale in Orlando Florida. No sunroof, Cup wheels 17 inch. With tons of new parts and an engine you can eat off of.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:22 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These cars are so rare, how is it that they are still priced so ridiculously low?
There is one for sale in Romania for about 20k.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:15 PM
jblaw
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

Is there a difference for the S and the SE for 1988?

Quick Reply: WTB: 1988 924S-SE