Auto Atlanta FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Ferrarifanboy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Atlanta FAIL

Well, you guys warned me:

More then one person on this forum warned me not to use Auto Atlanta. And they were right. I have used them for many years and frankly I was never impressed by there service, follow up or knowledge.

But this is the final straw:

I tried to purchase a NOS/OEM Cat Converter which he is selling on ebay for roughly $59. I purchased the cat convert via eBay, and paying with Paypal. (they were no help). Somehow AutoAtlanta shipped the part to my old address (Boston MA) but I now live in Sacramento CA.
I immediately saw the problem and contacted Auto Atlanta. Unfortunately, they had already boxed and shipped the package. FedEx still had the Cat Conv in transit. I asked Auto Atlanta to re-route the package (at my expense). They told me, to "go by my old address and grab it." Laughing, I told them, apparently you didn't notice my old address is over 3,000 miles away.
At this point I asked AutoAtlanta to re-route the package (again). I warned AA that as the receiver of the package I can not do anything. FedEx said to "ask the sender to contact us". Yet again I asked AA, at which point they said they would "take care of it"

I then waited a week to reach back out to them, (FedEx at this point had delivered the package)
I then reached out to AA again, ignored...
I reached out to AA yet again, at which point they told me they had shipped it to the address which was in my eBay profile. (not sure how, as I often order from eBay and they all seem to make there way to Sacramento just fine)

I told AutoAtlanta that I have purchased from them many times over many years and that they were throwing away my business over $60!
Still no response of yet. I would be happy to share the actual emails with the board if anybody wants/needs to seem them. How do these guys stay in business?
Old 11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adding to the saga with a bad Auto Atlanta experience here too.

Placed an order online last week for about $200, but came to realize I needed some more parts and the ordered had not shipped, so sent them an email requesting to add the following to my existing order:

999-707-422-41 o-ring (1 x)
999-707-426-41 o-ring (1 x)
999-707-113-41 o-ring (2 x)

I only received one instead of two of the last item on the list. The missing item is in stock so I ask them if they can get it to me by Friday so as not to further delay my project due to a mistake on THEIR end. Rep tells me that they can't absorb the cost so I offer to split the difference. No go.

I ordered the part from Pelicanparts and swear to never order from AA again.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:11 AM
michaelo
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarifanboy
Well, you guys warned me:

More then one person on this forum warned me not to use Auto Atlanta. And they were right. I have used them for many years and frankly I was never impressed by there service, follow up or knowledge.

What I am perplexed about is why you continued to shop with them for many years, even though you were never impressed by their [not there] service, follow up or knowledge.

Last edited by michaelo; 11-24-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Auto Atlanta FAIL