924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Hampsteadjohn
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Engine Mounts

I called the porsche dealership to try and find motor mounts for my 77, 924 and they said the left one was discontinued I can get the right one online, but the left one is no where to be found. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET ONE i need it to put my engine back in. THANKS A BUNCH
John
Old 03-02-2009, 01:10 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet would be to order a set from Vibratechnics. I believe they have both street and competition mounts. I have two sets of competition mounts for my two project cars, haven't run them yet, but I've read reports that they are extremely stiff and probably not suitable for a dedicated street car, so order accordingly. Not cheap, but less expensive than stock, even if you could find them. Otherwise, you'll have to resort to trying source from a donor car. If you end up going this route, try finding the lowest mileage, latest model car possible for your best chance at getting decent mounts with some life left in them.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
Hampsteadjohn
AutoX

Thanks!!!! I never would have found that site.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Dannyrandomstate
AutoX

I've got a set of mounts that won't be going back in the car (going small block). They look ok to me. If you PM me your e-mail and I can shoot you some pics. The mounts are from a 78, so I'm guessing it would be a direct fit.

Quick Reply: Engine Mounts