924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

1978 924 project

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Dannyrandomstate
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 924 project

I picked up my first ever 924 a few months ago. At first the car really didn't call out to me that much, but the more I am around it the closer I am drawn to it. I've decided to make it a track/weekend cruiser. I finally got the engine pulled after learning the ins n outs of doing that task the hard way. Last weekend I gutted the interior, and will be finishing that up this weekend. Here's some pics to show the progress. As the work is completed I'll post more.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Hampsteadjohn
AutoX

Thumbs up

Nice ride I got a 77, did the same thing you did I just finished rebuilding the engine. You start ripping yours apart yet, hows it look? I had to get all four cylinders resleeved and all surfaces refinished. hope you have better luck. If you have ?'s feel free to ask.
Attached Images   
Old 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Dannyrandomstate
AutoX

That looks good. You are a few steps ahead of me for sure. I had a friend come over last weekend, and we steamed the engine compartment and the engine. Both look good, but I think since removing all those years of grime off the engine it revealed a crack in the pan. I haven't looked to far into it, but I'm hoping it's just the gasket leaking. It's in between the drain plug and the surface that bolts to the block on the back side of the pan. If it's cracked I might have a friend TIG it, and see how that goes. If not I'll be putting the small block in it. Shoot I believe the small block is going in anyways!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:14 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

I'd love to see more pics. What are your plans for the car?

Quick Reply: 1978 924 project