924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

no start issue, again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:39 PM
thekidd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start issue, again.

Have no clue where to start looking now on my 84 944. I know this is the 924/S/931 board, but there the same cars for the most part. I have checked the basics out, starter, alternater, battery, ignition switch, and fuses. All looked good, and tested out good by means of looing (fuses) testing the ignition switch by clarks procedure, and the alternater and started tested good at Pep Boys, and I got 12.3-4 DCVs on my voltmeter for my battery. The other day I tested tested the battery and got 11.8 2 days ago, and then yesterday I pulled the starter, and I tested the battery in hopes that maybee the battery was dead, and I got 12.3, 12.4 DCVs on the battery. The car turns and tries to start, but nothing. After trying to start the car, when I turn the key out of the ignition position the tach bouces and the oil guage pin bouces, and the oil light doesnt go on. OH, when I took the alternater out, I took the breather hose off to check if my timing belt was visable, it is, ha. Dont know where to go from here. Opinions or causes?

edit- I put in my starter, and after I tried to start it, put the key in Pos. 2, the starter made a weird sound like it keept on rotating. And when I put the key in, a humming sound goes on, and when I turn the key to Position 2 the buzzer alarm goes on and doesnt go off. Didnt wait around for a long time to see if the buzzer would go off, waited maybee 6-7-8 seconds, and when I put the key in Position 3 to try and start up, the buzzing stops untill I put it into pos. 2.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:43 AM
944Sknight
Rennlist Member

Try to change the fuel relay if you have not done yet. Worse scenario is your
timing belt is broken and further cranking to start will do a lot of damage.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
240sxplan
2nd Gear

time to get it to a shop...

Quick Reply: no start issue, again.