924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

924S Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Mich924S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 924S Performance Upgrades

Just wanted to mention to those who haven't done it yet, I can heartily recommend the following performance upgrades which I completed today:

1)Throttle Cam

2)KN filter

3) Autothority Chip

All were easily installed and I notice a tremendous difference in both drivability and performance. Nothing super spectacular mind you but something far above the cars of today's performance. Very very nice upgrade that was simple and makes a real difference. I did all three at once so can't determine the real culprit but all together work together extremely well and I'm pleased with the results. Recommended!
Old 04-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Keith924S
Intermediate

Hey Mich, I just recently got an 87 924S and having been thinking about some mods.

Is your K&N the cone type? If so, did it change the sound of your motor from inside the seat as you are driving?

I would like 4 mods.

1. Cone style air filter
2. throttle cam
3. chip
4. louder exhaust (presently I have what appears to be a very typical muffler with the semi-awesome tail pipe attached to it.

Do you mind me asking what each individual item cost and what, if any, RPM increase to you see?

Thanks, Keith
Old 04-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Mich924S
Advanced

Keith,
The KN I got was just a replacement filter, not the cone type. No difference in sound that I can tell but it sounds good to me already I don't want it loud. The cam was about 35 bucks, the KN was about 50 I think and the chip I got off ebay for 130 bucks. I will be needing an exhaust in the future too and will probably go with stock if I can. RPM's climb up into the red but I've only done that a few times. I think the chip helps at lower rpm also. Go for it I think you'll be very pleased.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:31 AM
Keith924S
Intermediate

OK MICH, thank you. Due to budget restraints, I'm going ahead with a cone and the throttle cam first and then next year a "performance muffler" and then a chip.

This is my first Porsche and I'm really taken with it. I had many Bimmers but this 924S is so much more fun. So glad I got it.

Quick Reply: 924S Performance Upgrades