Notices

Bad Torque Tube Noises?

Old 06-30-2019, 07:06 PM
aaroncuyler
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Torque Tube Noises?

I've been working on a 924 that hasn't been running for years- got it running and now have moved onto the torque tube problem. When I compress the clutch I hear nothing, but when I engage into reverse and let the clutch out I hear a horrible grinding. If I leave the clutch compressed and dont try to move the car I hear a more gentle spinning, but still a unpleasant spinning, more like rough rubbing. Def sounds like the sound of the torque tube spinning and the bearings grinding. It will go into reverse just fine, all gears seem okay but when I try to engage by letting the clutch out the grinding starts. if I just hold the clutch in, it wont make any sounds expect for a sometimes random grind or whine. Noise is coming from middle to rear of car. Previous owner was quite confident that it was the TT. Can anyone help me figure out if this is just a torque tube or if there could be another problem? Is this normally what a bad TT sounds like? I've received a quote from a mobile porsche mechanic but want to know if there could be anything else going wrong here? Thanks for any help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: