924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

924 “Snailshell” Transaxle CV shafts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 07:57 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Well, the CV's are the same across countless models, including VWs, 944s, hell I even have the same inner CVs in my formula car (based on a Formula Ford)! So if all you need is a chunk of axle with that same spline to fit in the CV - yeah, any 924 or 944 halfshafts would work (noting that the auto trans cars have different lengths, but same CVs, side-to-side).

I presume you're just having them cut and welded back together at the right length, hopefully sleeved as well?

I do have the actual spline count/size, if you wish to have complete new ones made... the preferred way to go...
Old 04-23-2021, 12:58 PM
Velix
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 924RACR
Well, the CV's are the same across countless models, including VWs, 944s, hell I even have the same inner CVs in my formula car (based on a Formula Ford)! So if all you need is a chunk of axle with that same spline to fit in the CV - yeah, any 924 or 944 halfshafts would work (noting that the auto trans cars have different lengths, but same CVs, side-to-side).

I presume you're just having them cut and welded back together at the right length, hopefully sleeved as well?

I do have the actual spline count/size, if you wish to have complete new ones made... the preferred way to go...
hmm. So the turbo cv shafts on that site above would fit the gearbox side then? I know the 928 ones do not fit as that is apparently the ones I ordered last time and they are too large.

yes I do plan to sleeve and weld to the Solstice outer half’s. They wanted $2400 to make a set, I wasn’t willing at this time since I don’t even know if the gearbox will hold up yet.

Quick Reply: 924 “Snailshell” Transaxle CV shafts