Notices
924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

88 924S Won't Start, Ideas Are Greatly Appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 05:15 PM
jdoneal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 924S Won't Start, Ideas Are Greatly Appreciated!

Hello,

I have owned this car for 2 years and only driven about 200 miles.

The problem is that I drove it and I began to hear noise coming from the fuel pump. It would stop and not start for a while. Seems it needed to cool down or something. Before I could investigate, It stopped and refused to run at all.
Turns out the fuel pump was loose and bouncing around, so the wires shorted on the mount.

I replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay and DCM, but it still won't start. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Jared
Old 03-26-2019, 12:40 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So, where do things currently sit with your 924?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 AM
jvandyke
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the ECU get fried? Is the pump running now (can jumper it at the relay). A few months late, sorry been in "winter" mode.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:05 PM
jdoneal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to both of you and thank you for your replies. I too took a break out of pure frustration. I opened the hood the other day and realized the BG wire (Position Sensor) coming out of the harness was cracked and I could see a naked wire. I simply reasoned that I would cut it and splice in a longer piece. To my dismay, I realized that two, of the three wire set, are regular wires, but the third black wire spreads like shielding around the others. I don't know how to splice this wire (wire netting). The BG sensor/wire combo has been replaced already and the DG (speed) sensor/wire combo as well. How do I repair this wire? Pelican does not sell a replacement wire. It terminates at the DME.

Quick Reply: 88 924S Won't Start, Ideas Are Greatly Appreciated!