Audi 4.2 In an 82 924 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Audi 4.2 In an 82 924

Old 01-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Golten951
User

Default Audi 4.2 In an 82 924

Hi All.

been working on this swap for near 3 years now. Stuffing an AUX code 40V A8L 4.2 into my 924. So far, i have modified tge strut towers, fire wall and crossmember. Engine is 100% moubted in place. Hdyrualic filled Mounts are from a Ford. Using stock manual rack. A 931 bell housing, Audi V6 Spacer, 2.7 S4 Flywheel and pressure plate, with a Mazda RX8 240mm stage 3 disc. Please enjoy, this has been a bonkers project!

Old 01-09-2019, 03:37 PM
Eric_k
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great job so far! That is a **** load of work. I appreciate the keeping it in the "family". I hit the easy button and dropped an LS in my 968. No chassis mods required as an LS is so compact.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Golten951
User

Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by Eric_k View Post
Great job so far! That is a **** load of work. I appreciate the keeping it in the "family". I hit the easy button and dropped an LS in my 968. No chassis mods required as an LS is so compact.
Thank you Eric_k, I have close to 160hours in so far spaced out of the past 3 years still much much more to go. I have seen people start this swap, then not finish it or quit. I really wanted to stay in the family and do a complete unique swap for the Front Engine Porsches. The LS is a simple style swap, common, but can be huge fun. My Dad's 240Z has A LS1 in it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: