Four-speed type YR or XT transmission rebuild - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Four-speed type YR or XT transmission rebuild

Old 09-12-2018, 12:14 PM
KevinGross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Four-speed type YR or XT transmission rebuild

It's been about four years since I last rebuilt a 924 type YR or XT four-speed transmission. At the end of '14, I picked up the last pair of pinion shaft bearings Porsche had, and since then they have been unavailable. Also located a small stack of input shaft bearings in Europe, which I also picked up. I was able to replicate the unique shims and sized circlips with a little handiwork; they are long unavailable from Porsche or VW/Audi.

I recently located a set of the pinion shaft bearings as NOS parts, and can rebuild one of these transmissions. Drop me a note if of interest. (I will cross-post this message to other 924 boards, sorry for the duplication.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: