924 C GT - Aluminium Windscreen trim removal & refit Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 02:59 PM
AWB924CGT
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 924 C GT - Aluminium Windscreen trim removal & refit Help

Hi
I am restoring a 924 Carrera GT and the front screen is leaking.

Could anyone give me any pointers on how to remove the alluminium windscreen trims( 2 sides and 1 top trim) and refit after I have fitted new seals.

Many thanks

Alan
Old 02-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They are pressed fit into the clips attached to the body. The clips are sometimes rotten causing the trim and clip to fuse together or the clip itself will be rusted. I just recently removed by top section.
Two was you can go about it. I would suggest the latter. A large rag (to support the handle side and prevent the glass from cracking) and a metal flat head screw driver. A plastic pry tool is better and will not mare the trim. Use extreme care not to bend the trim. You must work slowly across the section to release it.

The clips are spaced about 6" apart on center. I believe there are 5-6 across the top. The same are along the sides I assume but I haven't had mine off yet. Once I pulled mine off I realized the clips were rusted and in need of replacement. I ended up finding this place in the UK.
Locally in the US they were around 11.00 each. Since he had some other parts I needed I threw these in the order. See Link.

I suppose you can also try a used recycler as well. https://plyhammersparts.com/ they break allot of 944's and may have some used.

https://wooliesworkshop.com/collecti...659-c-ref-lb23

Good luck
Old 02-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Also I may have a set of OEM NOS top and sides for you. Post a picture of what yours look like once they are off. Come to think of it the 924 GT may be an earlier design, none the less the trim is set with clips.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These are nice in that they keep rainwater and windshield washer fluid from spilling over to the door windows.

Conversely, they make a distinct whistle at speed.

Quick Reply: 924 C GT - Aluminium Windscreen trim removal & refit Help