924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Brake lights staying on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Pinot007
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake lights staying on?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.. just bought a 77’ 924 and starting to go through it. Last evening I drive it a bit and all was working fine. This morning I noticed just the rear brake lights were still on. I checked the light switch (is off) and turned the key which if fired right up. I depressed the brake pedal a few times and went to rear of car and lights were now off. About 15 mins later my wife called to say the brake lights were back on. Hmmmmm.. what should I stat looking for? Switches? Fuse?

I checked the all all the lights previously and all work (headlights, side markers, signals, hazards, rear markers and brake lights)

cheers!
Old 06-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Brockoli
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had this issue. A few track days later and I had a soft/spongy brake pedal. I eventually replaced the brake booster and haven't had the issue again. Not sure if they were related but just a thought.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Pinot007
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the message Brockoli.. since I just bought this 77', I"m starting to go through everything. I did however pump the brake pedal several times which eventually turned the brake lights off. Perhaps also a faulty switch... Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Brake lights staying on?