Battery box drain question 87 924s - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Battery box drain question 87 924s

Reply

Old 10-17-2017, 05:24 PM
  #1  
Johnny Barbieri
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Default Battery box drain question 87 924s

Where does the smaller, fenderside drain go to? I've read that it supposed to go into a tube that comes out of the fenderwell and that's where it drains to. I looked everywhere for an outlet in the fenderwell and can not find any opening for it and when I inserted a long wire into the drain, it seems the wire just goes into the frame and does not exit anywhere. Can anyone clarify please? TIA
​​​​​
Johnny Barbieri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:35 PM
  #2  
Holytin
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 555
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Barbieri View Post
Where does the smaller, fenderside drain go to? I've read that it supposed to go into a tube that comes out of the fenderwell and that's where it drains to. I looked everywhere for an outlet in the fenderwell and can not find any opening for it and when I inserted a long wire into the drain, it seems the wire just goes into the frame and does not exit anywhere. Can anyone clarify please? TIA
​​​
To my knowledge the 924s has a total of 3 drains in the firewall only, not to the side/fender area. 2 drains driver side, one drain passenger side. When I replaced my battery tray (1988 model) I've used a 944 tray, which has a side/fender drain and which was added to further improve the repair. Best!
Holytin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:39 PM
  #3  
Johnny Barbieri
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by Holytin View Post
To my knowledge the 924s has a total of 3 drains in the firewall only, not to the side/fender area. 2 drains driver side, one drain passenger side. When I replaced my battery tray (1988 model) I've used a 944 tray, which has a side/fender drain and which was added to further improve the repair. Best!
Do you have a RHD? I have LHD and can only find one drain on the driver's side and two on the passenger side
Johnny Barbieri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:24 AM
  #4  
Holytin
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Blue Ridge Mountains
Posts: 555
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Barbieri View Post
Do you have a RHD? I have LHD and can only find one drain on the driver's side and two on the passenger side
No, LHD. Check again to verify.
Holytin is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery box drain question 87 924s


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: