924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Battery box drain question 87 924s

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:24 PM
Johnny Barbieri
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery box drain question 87 924s

Where does the smaller, fenderside drain go to? I've read that it supposed to go into a tube that comes out of the fenderwell and that's where it drains to. I looked everywhere for an outlet in the fenderwell and can not find any opening for it and when I inserted a long wire into the drain, it seems the wire just goes into the frame and does not exit anywhere. Can anyone clarify please? TIA
​​​​​
Old 10-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Barbieri
Where does the smaller, fenderside drain go to? I've read that it supposed to go into a tube that comes out of the fenderwell and that's where it drains to. I looked everywhere for an outlet in the fenderwell and can not find any opening for it and when I inserted a long wire into the drain, it seems the wire just goes into the frame and does not exit anywhere. Can anyone clarify please? TIA
​​​
To my knowledge the 924s has a total of 3 drains in the firewall only, not to the side/fender area. 2 drains driver side, one drain passenger side. When I replaced my battery tray (1988 model) I've used a 944 tray, which has a side/fender drain and which was added to further improve the repair. Best!
Old 10-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Johnny Barbieri
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Holytin
To my knowledge the 924s has a total of 3 drains in the firewall only, not to the side/fender area. 2 drains driver side, one drain passenger side. When I replaced my battery tray (1988 model) I've used a 944 tray, which has a side/fender drain and which was added to further improve the repair. Best!
Do you have a RHD? I have LHD and can only find one drain on the driver's side and two on the passenger side
Old 10-18-2017, 06:24 AM
Holytin
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Barbieri
Do you have a RHD? I have LHD and can only find one drain on the driver's side and two on the passenger side
No, LHD. Check again to verify.

Quick Reply: Battery box drain question 87 924s