Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   914/914-6 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/914-914-6-forum-64/)
-   -   914 Picture Thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/914-914-6-forum/809160-914-picture-thread.html)

porsche930dude 04-22-2014 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went cruising top down yeterday. Think I need to work on that shifter but it was good fun

skl 04-23-2014 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this beautiful six at the Cars and Coffee at Penske Musuem last Saturday in north Scottsdale. Metal flares, 3.4 engine. Nicely done mods.

Gotta get my '73 done and down to AZ!!!

skl 04-23-2014 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another angle of that nice 6...

racing916 04-24-2014 07:23 AM

Beautiful car

914v2.0 04-24-2014 03:21 PM

Nice!

racerbvd 04-24-2014 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cheers: 2 Targas :cheers:

dave292 05-04-2014 11:20 AM

Moderator…can we keep this thread permanently at the top of this subject??
Thank you

skl 05-05-2014 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just need to keep adding pix and it will stay there...

Moved the '73 outside for a few minutes today while cleaning out shop... sure would be easier if it ran...

NaroEscape 05-06-2014 10:01 AM

I would add pictures, but they would be of Papa Smurf sitting collecting dust while he waits on his crankshaft to return from the machine shop (6 months now!!...long story) and Huey on the lift with his engine out and torn apart. Not happy times in the Saville 914 household...

racing916 05-06-2014 01:55 PM

Bob,

6 months!! Was it bent or cracked? Was hoping you would sign up for Watkins Glen race this year. I remember the year before I started racing seeing your car in GT5 when I was working pit lane. Good luck on getting it back together.

NaroEscape 05-06-2014 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by racing916 (Post 11347413)
Bob,

6 months!! Was it bent or cracked? Was hoping you would sign up for Watkins Glen race this year. I remember the year before I started racing seeing your car in GT5 when I was working pit lane. Good luck on getting it back together.

Just spun a rod bearing.... excepts from an email I sent to my attorney (& Club Racer) friend of mine on April 22:

"Got a little situation that I could use some advice on: our race engine has been having oil starvation issues the past year, and each time, it spins a rod bearing or breaks a rod. We think we finally figured out what’s causing it, but each time the crank needs to be resurfaced and ‘restored’ so we’ve been sending it out to Armondo Ayala at CCR. The past 3 times we’ve sent it to Armondo, he was great – 4-6 week turn around, everything done as he says, etc. Procedure has been that he does the work, calls for money, I send a check, and when he gets it, he ships. Simple transaction.

This past time it happened was the VIR DE in November, so we tore down the engine, boxed it up, and sent it right around Thanksgiving. In January he called, leaving a message for me to send the check. I did, assuming it was done. Weeks go by, no crank. I finally reach him and he says ‘He’s shipping at the end of February!’. (WTF??) When I call him first of March, he says “I never said end of February, I said end of March”…this is why I missed the Road Atlanta Club race…we argue a bit, but I don’t have any leverage: he has my crank AND my money. For the past 4 weeks now, both me and Lou from the shop have called him at least twice a week, when he does answer, he says he’s “shipping tomorrow” with nothing. Now, for two weeks, he’s silent. Not answering his phone, no reply back to voicemails. This has now been 5 months, I am missing the racing season, missing all driving, and getting very pissed off.

Is there any legal recourse I have with him? I know it’s not your area of law, and not even your state (he’s in Texas), but what would you do in this scenario?"

In his reply, among other things:

"Find somebody local and have them go over there, get your crank, and then beat his ass".

That's kinda what I did...found a friend (James Shoffitt, former PCA Zone 5 Rep and E class club racer) who went over and got the crank. It was nearly done, just needed final micropolishing and the plugs installed. 2-3 hours max, but that's what he said he was doing months ago. So I had James ship it out to Pauter. They got it last Friday, said it looks good and might have it done late this week. Hopefully, the end is in sight....

Wouldn't have been doing WGI anyway...I'll be just getting back from a much needed week long sailing trip in the Caribbean...sailing as in a 44' Jeanneau :)

But to stay on topic, here's a recent picture of Huey up on the Blue Ridge Parkway:

racing916 05-06-2014 07:40 PM

Glad you got your crank back. I have been o your end with a entire motor that I wrote off as a loss, and it took me a long time to swallow that bitter pill. Fortunately, I found one of the best engine builders around and have had nothing but success with his motors for the last 8 years. Hopefully you get it together soon and get out there. Always nice to see Huey back from the dead :)!

Originally Posted by naroescape (Post 11347602)
Just spun a rod bearing.... excepts from an email I sent to my attorney (& Club Racer) friend of mine on April 22:

"Got a little situation that I could use some advice on: our race engine has been having oil starvation issues the past year, and each time, it spins a rod bearing or breaks a rod. We think we finally figured out what’s causing it, but each time the crank needs to be resurfaced and ‘restored’ so we’ve been sending it out to Armondo Ayala at CCR. The past 3 times we’ve sent it to Armondo, he was great – 4-6 week turn around, everything done as he says, etc. Procedure has been that he does the work, calls for money, I send a check, and when he gets it, he ships. Simple transaction.

This past time it happened was the VIR DE in November, so we tore down the engine, boxed it up, and sent it right around Thanksgiving. In January he called, leaving a message for me to send the check. I did, assuming it was done. Weeks go by, no crank. I finally reach him and he says ‘He’s shipping at the end of February!’. (WTF??) When I call him first of March, he says “I never said end of February, I said end of March”…this is why I missed the Road Atlanta Club race…we argue a bit, but I don’t have any leverage: he has my crank AND my money. For the past 4 weeks now, both me and Lou from the shop have called him at least twice a week, when he does answer, he says he’s “shipping tomorrow” with nothing. Now, for two weeks, he’s silent. Not answering his phone, no reply back to voicemails. This has now been 5 months, I am missing the racing season, missing all driving, and getting very pissed off.

Is there any legal recourse I have with him? I know it’s not your area of law, and not even your state (he’s in Texas), but what would you do in this scenario?"

In his reply, among other things:

"Find somebody local and have them go over there, get your crank, and then beat his ass".

That's kinda what I did...found a friend (James Shoffitt, former PCA Zone 5 Rep and E class club racer) who went over and got the crank. It was nearly done, just needed final micropolishing and the plugs installed. 2-3 hours max, but that's what he said he was doing months ago. So I had James ship it out to Pauter. They got it last Friday, said it looks good and might have it done late this week. Hopefully, the end is in sight....

Wouldn't have been doing WGI anyway...I'll be just getting back from a much needed week long sailing trip in the Caribbean...sailing as in a 44' Jeanneau :)

But to stay on topic, here's a recent picture of Huey up on the Blue Ridge Parkway:

racerbvd 05-12-2014 04:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
:cool:

skl 05-12-2014 06:25 PM

The good old Saratoga top- someone else bought one of those too eh??

jrrhdmust 05-20-2014 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is mine....