Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Another Part...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Outstanding, and exactly where I had considered putting it. I know that 3.2 Carrera cars had the CC mounted under the right rear quarter panel. Earlier cars, like SCs, had the CC in the engine compartment, so I can only assume that there is no danger of fire, etc., from fumes that might collect at the CC.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete, I might have one. I have a bunch of old Porsche parts. I was thinking of a 915 side shifter conversion at one point. If I have it, you can have it for free because of your stature and importance to out Prsche community.

A cool part that I have is a fiberglass 911 dash that will fit a 914. You can have it if you want it.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
Pete, I might have one. I have a bunch of old Porsche parts. I was thinking of a 915 side shifter conversion at one point. If I have it, you can have it for free because of your stature and importance to out Prsche community.

A cool part that I have is a fiberglass 911 dash that will fit a 914. You can have it if you want it.
Russ, thanks for the offer, but I think that I actually have everything except for an air flow meter (aka intake air sensor). I haven't got my CO machine working yet, but symptoms point to a lean condition. I guess that I'll have to pull off the intake manifold runners and replace the gaskets (somebody chromed them at one point and no telling what I'll find with them; one clue is no lock washers under the nuts!).
Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoot- I'm too slow!

Dr. Zimmermann, one of my friends just bought a pristine restored Carrera 74 that you might enjoy seeing. He also bought your book, and it's the reason that he was looking for one. Same friend also has a factory slant Turbo Targa - '89. Maybe we can take a drive down to Bakersfield someday? Would love to have your impressions

Quick Reply: Need Another Part...