Sponsored by:

Anybody have

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 12:45 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anybody have

If anybody has, or knows some that knows someone that has a 914 chrome front bumper, and maybe a rear rubber top that it for sale I'd be more than grateful if we could get in touch.
Reason being, I definetly need a new rubber top. But someone hit my rear bumper that was originally painted black, but I got me a chrome replacement. Now I want the chrome for the front. I love chrome. Mmm. Speaking of which, anybody have windshield chrome? Basically this is all I need. Thanks so much.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait until you get to Germany !!

Mittelmotor (.de) do new chrome bumpers and they had a plastic replacement for the bumper rubber on their stand at the Essen classic car show.

We asked one of the gofers on the stand what this plastic replacement for the rubber was but he said they didn't have such a thing. when we showed him the ones they had on display he still denied they existed.... some folks are strange.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:01 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's great news! I'm sure my car is looking forward to getting many parts and stuff done. But I would like it now. Eh I can wait. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually I got it wrong !!!! the rubber part on the bumper was a new original part.

What I saw in Essen were refurnished chrome bumpers with the original new rubber strips. These were not reproduced parts, but original and made of rubber. Mittelmotor sell the new rubber strips at € 179.00 each incl. tax and the new chrome bumpers at € 767.00 in exchange each incl. tax. They do not have any substitution for the
bumper rubber strips. As long at the originals are still available at these prices, I would not recommend either to use any other parts than the original. The design and the finish of the new rubber is unique.

The contacts for Mittelmotor are:

Michael Wittke
Mittelmotor GmbH
Werner Hellweg 27
44803 Bochum
Germany
Tel. +49 (234) 9351414
Fax +49 (234) 9351415
info@mittelmotor.de
<a href="http://www.mittelmotor.de" target="_blank">www.mittelmotor.de</a>

Quick Reply: Anybody have