Early seat back locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Jbrooks
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Early seat back locks

I have a question on early seats

I have a 1966 912 that I have had since 66. In 68 I got a set of 911 seats with the head rest to make it look newer and up dated. They have a lock for the seat back that is operated by a plastic slide and cable on the outer back chrome upright. The seat is locked upright by the J-hook on the outside seat bottom bar where the rubber bumper sets in.

I am getting ready to restore the 912, I saved the old seats and unboxed them today after 45 years in storage. They are in good shape but they have no seat back locks. The J-hooks that lock the seat back upright, are not there and I can see no witness marks where they were located.

My 356 seats have a bar across the back to fold the seats forward an two hooks. The 911 seats have a single hook on the outside

These original 912 seats have a single rod that meshes into the half round gears to adjust the back recline bit no J-Hooks to lock the seat upright.

The 66 Porsche 912 IPC shows a typical 356 seat with two rods. The 66 911 PIC shows a single rod seat. Neither include the hook.

Anyone else out there have a early 901 without these J-Hooks to lock the seat backs up right?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Early seat back locks