912 Forum 1965-1969

Might pick up a '65 project..

Old 08-17-2016, 06:06 PM
ser1992
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Might pick up a '65 project..

Hello everyone!

I have been a long time lurker and huge 912 enthusiast for a while and have been looking for the right project car to get me started. I think I might have found something interesting locally..

I seek the advice of those wiser than myself, what should I be spending to pick up this car?

1965, 3 gauge, painted dash, Originally Irish Green, 2.0 Vw motor and fresh trans. With aprox 5k miles. Two oil coolers underneath. Disc's all around.

ALBUM OF PICTURES
http://imgur.com/a/LCdcb

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Superdave312 (07-12-2020)
Old 11-27-2016, 11:27 AM
randykyra
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 2 cents

Love it. But here lays the problem. Not having a Porsche motor really does hurt the value of the car. Now having said that I still love it. You can still pick up a complete motor and trans for the car if you get into it right. these car are increasing in price almost weekly,not like the 911s of the same year, but there going up. Its hard to say what it's really worth not knowing if there's any rust in the car and what other things that might have been done to it besides the VW motor and trans. The other thing is location. California seems to have some really good deals compared to the east coast. so depending on where your located would really play a factor. Its looking like you're in California or close by. So i'm thinking the car is worth somewhere in the range of $6K-$9K. Again there are a number of factors that play part in the pricing and if you could share additional information it could help us with giving you a fair market value. But again these cars are only worth what somene is willing to pay. I know that doesn't really help but it's true. it's just figuring out what that price is. So if you can share anymore info, even the asking price it will help...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Might pick up a '65 project..