Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 07:11 PM
wastintime
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Fuel Lines

Hi,
I'm replacing the fuel tank on my 67 912 and the biggest problem that I've run into is replacing the fuel lines. The tank is badly contaminated and so are the fuel lines so I thought that I would replace them all at once. The only problem is that I don't know what fuel lines to replace them with. When I checked it looks like a stock Porsche from 65-73 that was not a 911 E or S should have a 6mm line running from the tank to the pump, and a 7mm line running from the pump to the carbs. Mine has an 8mm line running from the tank to the pump and a 6.35mm line running from the pump to the carbs.
My car has Webers on it and I wasn't sure if that was why it had the different diameter lines, or if the 912 and 911 differed in that respect and the sizes I found were for the 911 only.
If anyone happens to know what size fuel lines should be used, before and after the pump, on a 912 with Weber carbs please let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 11-21-2001, 06:32 PM
Roland Kunz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello

I think only the early 901/902 had the small 6mm outher diameter tube runing trough the tunnel. This was changed within 67 and the new lines superseded the old ones as spare part.

I don´t think the 912 had other parts

The rubber fuel lines where crimped onto the hardline. I think 7 inner diameter is the correct size. Those rubber lines are elastic and can be pressed over larger diameters es well.

Grüsse

Quick Reply: Fuel Lines