912 Forum 1965-1969

912 Porsche narrow rubber trim install

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Al-balls537
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 912 Porsche narrow rubber trim install

How is everyone doing I am new to this forum but I have been restoring my 912 Porsche for 12 years now and just got back from the paint shop I am trying to install my new narrow rubber trim pieces into narrow trim moldings Bob bumpers and they are so tight I have tried everything to get them in with Marvel mystery oil WD-40 but I cannot pull them all the way through does anyone know any tricks thanks.

Last edited by Al-balls537; 02-19-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:14 PM
Al-balls537
3rd Gear

Default Install of narrow rubber bumpers into narrow deco trim

Here they are complete. With my new rubbers. And original deco trim. I found thes little plastic tools at Walmart in the tool section. And all I needed was the one tool which is shown in video. I did this with no soap WD-40 or Marvel mystery oil I originally tried using everything I thought of to slip them in but would not work The only thing I did is make sure the rubbers were in the house near my pellet stove and kept them warm so they were a little more soft
Originally Posted by Al-balls537
How is everyone doing I am new to this forum but I have been restoring my 912 Porsche for 12 years now and just got back from the paint shop I am trying to install my new narrow rubber trim pieces into narrow trim moldings Bob bumpers and they are so tight I have tried everything to get them in with Marvel mystery oil WD-40 but I cannot pull them all the way through does anyone know any tricks thanks.
ok. I figured it out if anyone is interested. Took me about 10 min per molding. But hands and fingers. SORE. LOL. BUT WELL WORTH IT. THEY CAME OUT BEAUTIFUL.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Oh yes. I had to figure this out too when I replaced mine. It takes a bit to finally get it, but then they zip right in. Good for you.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 AM
Al-balls537
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr Michael B
Oh yes. I had to figure this out too when I replaced mine. It takes a bit to finally get it, but then they zip right in. Good for you.
thanks for reply.

Quick Reply: 912 Porsche narrow rubber trim install