930 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:58 PM
mmeany
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 930 Exhaust

Hello All,
I have some very specific questions. I have a low mileage '89 930 Cab. B. Anderson's 911 performance handbook states that my car has the European exhaust and that if I want to modify it, I should use the European mufflers, etc. I would prefer not to cut the rear panel for a dual outlet so what would any of you recommend for the best replacement setup for this car? I see other posts for the SSi, GHL, and B&B but I don't see anyone describing the parts that need to be replaced and the designs that are best for a single outlet without cutting the rear pan. Any suggestions with descriptions would be appreciated.
M
Old 11-17-2003, 10:48 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All of the headers have to fit in the same spot regardless of brand if you are using the factory intake. The position has to meet the intercooler. That being said the muffler can be any brand, including stock should you wish. The Euro muffler is a single outlet and is pretty good. You could also run a cat bypass and still use the factory setup. All of the GHLs we sell come in single or dual outlet. So that is yet another option.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:40 AM
mmeany
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Where does the "header", or pipes that are the same regardless of sales country, end and the parts that are different depending on sales country begin? I know the muffler is part of it and the Cat. is part of it. Are these the only two parts or are there others. Seeing as the factory "header" is quality and mine is barely used, I expect to keep using it. My intrerest is in improving horsepower a little and maybe improving the sound a little. Can a new muffler be used with the old Cat? Is there a replacement for the cat aside from a bypass pipe? What is the best setup using the stock "header"?
Sorry for all the newbie questions, just trying to learn.
M

Quick Reply: 930 Exhaust