Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:54 PM
rosssr
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we bought a '77 930 last weekend

and we need some help.

i am a newbie on here.
about a month ago we had a big garage fire, and among the cars lost was a '77 930 that had just come back from a 2 year restoration. yes, we were very sad ! but as a way to get over the tragedy, my father went to amelia and while there attended the hollywood wheels auction, and he saw the '77 930 on offer, which was in the same color as our original car, and he bought it.

we were told that all the documentation was with the car....not the case. we did not receive much at all, and i am now on the hunt for details of the car's history. i am working with the consignor, but he only has a limited amount so far. he has promised to get us in touch with one of the owners and i look forward to that. in the meantime, does anybody have any further info on 9307800715 ?

thank you in advance !
Old 03-16-2017, 10:08 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

That was the car that Robb Francis in Peapack NJ had for sale. They purchased it from LBI Limited in Philadelphia. Try contacting them, they may be able to help you.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:55 PM
rosssr
4th Gear

apparently it was consigned to hollywood for the auction by Steve Sasson at legend. i spoke to him earlier this week and he promised to get back to me once he was back at the office with the name and number of the previous long term owner. so that will be useful.

i am just looking for anything else anybody might know since during its last 40 years it probably had more than 1 owner.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:10 PM
rosssr
4th Gear

here are some pics
http://hollywoodwheels.com/auction/a...ab11-03b1ab11/
Old 03-19-2017, 09:18 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

One of my absolute favorite color combos on a 930. Very nice!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rosssr
apparently it was consigned to hollywood for the auction by Steve Sasson at legend. i spoke to him earlier this week and he promised to get back to me once he was back at the office with the name and number of the previous long term owner. so that will be useful.

i am just looking for anything else anybody might know since during its last 40 years it probably had more than 1 owner.
Legend is Robb Francis(same dealer). Once again try LBI Limited in Philly. They owned the car before Legend(Robb Francis).
Old 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM
lbilimited
Former Vendor

Congratulations on the purchase. We don't know too much history on it honestly other then we purchased it from a gentlemen in Northern California, near San Francisco as I remember. It also fitted with California emissions though as per the COA so it was most likely a California car from new and there most of its life. I believe he owned it for about 10 years before we bought it. Hope this helps.

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me directly at keith@lbilimited.com. Thank you.

Quick Reply: we bought a '77 930 last weekend