911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Hagerty lastest Values

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:16 AM
Saoirse32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Bought an 18,000 mile E46 Phoenix Yellow M3 in December. Kind of a two-fold angle. My portfolio wasn't doing squat b/c of the economy is awful, so I put it into iron on the supposition that these cars have bottomed and paying for the nicest most desirable one might also pay dividends down the road. I dont plan to sell it, but I prefer buying at the bottom and seeing my assets appreciate. I still think the E46 is about 3-5 more years away from generating some inertia, but I always wanted one of these cars and felt the time was right at this moment.

I look back at buying the 930 in 2003 and didnt buy it as an investment either. But I felt it had *something* going for it that would be long-term advantageous. Maybe a hunch. But, I had always wanted one, saved up, and again, felt the prices had bottomed and wanted to get in at the right time. I hate overpaying for anything -- even Tic Tacs.

I've mentioned two cases where I think I've timed it well. Let's not discuss the other cases when I didn't -- including the time in 2010 when I refused to basically do an even-swap for my 65,000 mile '86 944 Turbo with a '89 E30 M3 with the same miles. At the time, why would anyone swap cars for a much slower one. I'm kicking myself to the tune of about $30,000 in appreciation now. Ugh!
Good post. I'm no Porsche virgin and started with a 3.2 then a 964 and my current '78 930 that I bought in 2005 for exactly $32k. Am I a genius? Nope, not even close, I just really, really wanted a Turbo and thought that it MIGHT appreciate some day. Never did I think it would be what it has become. I'm 43 now and I'll never sell it, will be for my 4 year old when I'm gone if we're not flying spaceships by that time lol. I see prices definitely have fluctuated somewhat, and it really doesn't seem to matter whether original or "upgraded"- but the true SoCal cars will sell and sell for a very big price. Just what I've observed.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:24 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Last930
Don't forget that Farah Fawcett poster....
That red swimsuit! And a wet Cheryl Ladd in her bikini.

Quick Reply: Hagerty lastest Values