Certified Appraisal on 88 930 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 01:10 PM
herragge
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Herragge,

I think maybe you mis-typed your message there (bolded above).
The insurance company probably does NOT want to ensure his car with a "agreed value" policy,... hence the problem there with LM.

Disrupt OP,
As several folks above have suggested, you will be better served by insuring this particular vehicle in your stable, with a Leland West, Hagerty, Grundy, or as in my case I use JC Taylor. They ALL allow "Agreed Value" policies. Some may require an appraisal, some may not,... but the bottom line is you do NOT want to be haggling over the pay-out once something bad happens!!

=Steve
Whoops my mistake Steve, thanks for catching that. The insurance company definitely doesn't want to insure you under an agreed value policy but that is what you want as an owner of a great collector car!! Because as you said, you do not want to be haggling over the value once comes time to claim.

Cheers

Mike
Old 02-04-2016, 12:02 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

I think I would check out Hagerty - they know Porsches.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:35 PM
herragge
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Karen England
I think I would check out Hagerty - they know Porsches.
That is who I have my collector cars agreed value insurance with, and I am satisfied. I am from Canada keep in mind, so less options than the US folk.

Cheers
Old 02-07-2016, 02:49 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

I had to have my cars appraised initially and each time i had the agreed value bumped. Hagerty's evaluations are useless and you can't go by them. Some cars are valued way to high and others too low and some should be separated instead they are lumped together. There prices are also ludicrously high with too many restrictions. You can use someone from your local PCA region on region letterhead or have a small boutique shop that sells Porsche's right you up a value that is within reason. It makes sense to have an agreed value and you will find that the difference in as much as $100k is not all that much extra. But as said read your policy carefully it is all about the language of the policy.

Quick Reply: Certified Appraisal on 88 930 Turbo