Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

How would you sell this year if you wanted to?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:56 PM
Handy930
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the issue with me and selling the 930 is all about price. One hates to leave to much on the table so an auction or eBay can make sense if you have a high enough reserve. I hate to part with the 930 but after 23 years I feel I am ready to move up a bit even though a newer one will not be the same. Economic and space dictate that I can only have one toy at a time. Thanks for all the input and opinions. Will post how it goes in the future.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Handy930
I think the issue with me and selling the 930 is all about price. One hates to leave to much on the table so an auction or eBay can make sense if you have a high enough reserve. I hate to part with the 930 but after 23 years I feel I am ready to move up a bit even though a newer one will not be the same. Economic and space dictate that I can only have one toy at a time. Thanks for all the input and opinions. Will post how it goes in the future.
Sadly, it's all about compromise - space and $$ - if those weren't the issues I'd still have every car I ever owned!! GL with the sale.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:08 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Great car glws.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Mistergee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we are at the point now that 930's are on their way strongly into Ferrari Territory,.
Non Factory Parts or so called incorrect paint on the cars makes no difference anymore as long as it is matching numbers
many are getting restored around the Vin Id Plate alone
Its funny i hear people say oh it has wrong this or that. well then dont buy it and buy the other one for sale...Trouble is theyre are Less and Less for sale with people starting to realise value so if one is for sale and it is a matching numbers car id suggest someone who wants one buy it and worry about what isnt original later cos it just doesnt matter anymore because if that person doesnt buy it they spend the next twenty years regretting it as theyre arent enough to go around anymore.
In Australia at time of writing on our biggest site( carssales ) theyre is now only one 930 for sale but it has had a complete conversion to a 993 including the twin turbo engine out of a 993 so it is sitting there, the last 930 a 1982 that sold with the original engine was an import last week from the UK that was sold within two days for $150k even though the new owner has to make a lot of changes to paint and body to bring it close to factory.
My own 77 row euro 260hp 930 ive had for 4 years and have been doing a home restoration on her from the ground up keeping every original part on the car unless it was unrepairable ..
It was a daily driver until i bought a mk1 996 i put it (930) up for sale in the 2nd year i owned it for $100kAUD and the only enquiry i got was from a buyer who thought i put an extra zero on her by mistake and wanted it for 10K/(i did entertain that offer because i paid $28 aud in cab form for her and the car was in stripped down condition) , then last year i advertised it for $150k as is then i got offers of $100k lol. More recently up for $200k now offers of $150k by the same people ,I use US prices as a guide for my car selling price.. it seems many people are just a step behind and not seeing the future of these cars, more recently (in the last month) i saw a 77 930 in states sell for $426000k US dollars which is about the same as $650k AUD after conversion in my country. So these widebody Turboed RS engine cars are definitely on their way to becoming Million dollar cars, and i believe they will get there within 12 months,
Paint? who cares when your spending 300k for a car whats another 20k to get factory paint?? Wrong intercooler? **** for $300 buy the original off ebay and swap it it takes 5 minutes So Original is a Moot point on these cars.

The people who call parts on 930's not original are the ones that are trying to keep the prices down on them, id say maybe because they are dealers or collectors and plain greedy lol.

So what im trying to say is if you have a matching numbers car and you can document zero rust it doesnt matter where you advertise it because the buyers with the money will find her, even the flippers because of what i mentioned in my opening statement. Remember when you advertise she will sell if she is matching numbers that is a fact and it will not take long

Quick Reply: How would you sell this year if you wanted to?