Overfilled the oil.... What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 09:35 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Overfilled the oil.... What to do?

Today, in preparation for an upcoming track event, I topped off my oil. Unfortunately, I topped it off about 1 qt too much (I know, stupid, idiotic mistake. Don't rub it in, I feel miserable enough). Car is smoking a little but my main problem appears to be one of cleanliness now. The oil overflowed into the airbox, and is dripping out of the airbox, onto the right side of the motor, then all over my garage floor.

Do I need to remove the airbox, clean it, and replace the filter, or just drive it and let it all flow out, then clean the engine compartment.

If I need to remove the airbox, is it possible to remove it without having to remove the intercooler first? (Stock 930 by the way).

I see alot of little hoses hooked to the airbox. Is the removal of the airbox that hard? (I'm not a mechanic, don't claim to be).

Thanks for any advice.

Brian
My 930
Old 11-02-2001, 09:36 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

By the way, I did drain out some of the oil, then add back to an appropriate level.

Forgot that part.

Brian
Old 11-04-2001, 09:09 PM
garrickl
RIP

The larger hose on the the back of the airbox is for your oil tank. Use 1/4 socket or screwdrive to take off the hose clamp. The smaller hose goes to the charcoal filter, use same as above. Below the airbox on the right side there is a 13mm nut that fastens the airbox to the support bracket. It is above and behind the auxilary air valve [Silver part that points up and faces you as you look in, right of and below intercooler. Loosen it, you do not need to remove it. Then, there are two 10mm nut bolts on top of the left side of the airbox. Very tight fit to get your hand in. Use a low 10mm socket and rachet or flat wrench to undo these. They have to be completely unscrewed or the air box will not come out. Reassemble in the reverse order. It's not hard.

Quick Reply: Overfilled the oil.... What to do?