Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

looking for andial parts.(sad story included)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for andial parts.(sad story included)

Hey all,

I just had a very unfortunate melt down with my car where it got leaned out to much and ended up melting everything. (pistons melted, bent valves, head dmg, cam froze, crank damaged, rods gone, jugs damaged.)

after a very large bottle of Jack I decided to rebuild.

while doing this I decided to increase my cooling so I got a larger oil cooler too keep the engine temp down. I am now looking for a full width andial intercooler to up grade from my half width andial intercooler. Does anyone have one or know where I can get one?

With that being said I am also trying to track down an Andial fuel enrichment system to increase fuel for boost. again.. does anyone have one or know where i can get one?

Thanks guys
Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa Chris, what a pisser! Sounds like a mondo-serious meltdown. Hope you were hauling *** and enjoying the moment before the damage.

The question is, why did she lean out to such a damaging point?

The larger IC will help but won't prevent damage caused by fueling problems as I'm sure you know. I had an Andial fuel enrichment system that I sold over a year ago....yes, it worked though somewhat crudely. Now, I run with an adjustable BLeaske WUR which works fine, and when I get my lazy *** in gear will be installing and programing the fuel map on my digital WUR that's sitting on the shelf at the moment.
I see the Andial fuelers pop up once in a long while on eBay, but they're not too common anymore.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

How much boost and on what turbo? Running standard US CIS fuel head? Any pictures of the damage from the lean condition.

Sorry to hear...be financially ready these rebuilds add up! But always have a glass half full attitude, it is a hobby, we love these cars and the end result will be awesome.
Yasin
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Rob S
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Chirs,

Look upon this as an opportunity to build an engine that can reliably produce the power you want. If you still want to use CIS, I'd suggest you listen to Mark and use one of the more recent techniques to assure proper air and fuel. He was too gentle about the Andial fueler. Those have been out of favor for over decade now -- if you were relying on that, it might have been the reason for your failure. I would strongly suggest you forget about using any sort of supplementary fueling system on your new build. A search will turn up horror stories.

This might be a good time for you to consider going EFI. Though that can be a can of worms, it has become more mainstream over the last few years. Seek serious counsel before embarking on that route, but if you want big, reliable power, it's the best way to go.

Finally, it's unlikely that your meltdown was caused by purely by oil cooling or intercooling deficiencies, but it would certainly be best to put in all the cooling you can fit. Sometimes two oil coolers up front are necessary. There are many, many threads about that too. And as for intercoolers, I suggest you look beyond Andial -- there are many other options out there as well, including some reasonable custom built systems.

No matter what you do, be sure to check the engine on a dynamometer before driving the car, and consider installing a wide band O2 sensor system so you can monitor the air fuel ratio yourself.

Good luck with your project.

Rob

78 930 EFI (622 hp) sold
Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The Andial website lists a lot of available parts , if that helps.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

well guys,

I have consider'd many other options now to find out that andial has stopped making intercooler.

as to switching to EFI that is a dream come true but due to me trying to stay on a budget with the massive rebuild i have now its out of the question. this will have to be what a little of my next bonus goes to.

Mark,

where did you get the digital WUR? this seems like it could be a little more cost efficient and possablie be a solution to my problem.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Are you sure about the IC, they show it on their website.I would take the 1/2 width off your hands.
I would call Dieter directly.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

yeah i actually did call him directly and he informed me that there intercooler guy has retired and they dont feel like finding another guy as good as he was so there just getting out of it.

as soon as i find a full width IC my half width will be up for grabs so if your interested just let me know.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Is this it.....?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...item35b582fd72
Old 09-30-2011, 07:55 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Doesn't look just right to me.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Mark Houghton
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Fanning
well guys,

I have consider'd many other options now to find out that andial has stopped making intercooler.

as to switching to EFI that is a dream come true but due to me trying to stay on a budget with the massive rebuild i have now its out of the question. this will have to be what a little of my next bonus goes to.

Mark,

where did you get the digital WUR? this seems like it could be a little more cost efficient and possablie be a solution to my problem.
Look here for the digital WUR.
http://unwiredtools.com/utcis.asp
Either that, or a modified stock WUR to make it adjustable. If you're going to build HP or any substantial engine modifications, it's important to have the means of fine tuning the fueling.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3625921_n.jpg

no guys this is my intercooler.. not the one that was on ebay. I still have mine
Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Fanning
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3625921_n.jpg

no guys this is my intercooler.. not the one that was on ebay. I still have mine
Same intercooler hoss!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:14 AM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

The RSR I acquired had a piston slap failure and upon pulling the heads
found that they had been overheated and deformed. it was a NA 3.6 bored
out to 3.8L run by a motec48. Believe the PO had run it too lean with too much advance.

I plan to rebuild it, but I was thinking of running E85 and dial back
off the edge.

Still trying to decide NA or Boosted.

Mike
Old 10-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Chris Fanning
Advanced

boost is fun but its alot of heat haha. if i had a 3.8 id stick N/A seems like you would have alot more fun without having to worry as much..

Quick Reply: looking for andial parts.(sad story included)