911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Evex anyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Received 338 Likes on 217 Posts
Talking Evex anyone

Look at what just showed up on Yahoo Auction Japan!
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k142766029
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 PM
circlet
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually went to take a look at this car because I was thinking to buy it. It is very rough. The entire roof is rusted and was once repaired with a lot of fillers. The cowling is pretty bad. The B-pillars and door frames have holes rusted through in a few places. All of the window seals leak and the car has been sitting uncovered in the mountain rains for three years. I mean they really leak. The carpet is soaked. The rear seats are missing and the rust in the rear seat buckets is pretty bad though they were still holding puddles of water. I was not able to really see much of the underside. The interior was quite musty. Oh and by the way I did not notice it mentioned in the auction details that the car was repainted and the original color was red. Many of the body parts are being held together with silicone caulking.

The car hasn't run in six years or so. I got some history about it. It seems the last it was running it was having problems with the tuning since the owner had spent a lot of time modifying the car beyond the original EVEX package. There was mention of possible engine damage due to fuel and ignition failures. The K28 turbo is something I have only heard of on serious racing 930's. The car was tracked a bit as there was a rear cage harness bar that had been removed. That is fine though since back then every Porsche was a race car. The gauges are fogged and difficult to see through.

It is a serious fixer needing a lot of work and some hard to get parts. Just passing on the info for people wondering.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Received 338 Likes on 217 Posts

Nice to meet another Rennlist member in Kanto. I know another guy who also lives in Yokohama.
My dealer friends wouldnt touch the car.
What do you drive?
We should plan a play date!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
circlet
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why wouldn't they touch it? I heard the car had some history but no one actually wanted to be specific.

Yeah maybe we can meet up sometime.

Quick Reply: Evex anyone