Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Anny have a Hargett 930 shifter??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:52 AM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anny have a Hargett 930 shifter??

So i was flipping through the latest issue of Excellence and notice a small add for Hargett Precision.
too a look at the site and the shifter assembly for the 930 and am Quite impressed. Did a search with a few results but not help with my questions.

What i was wondering is, does anyone have one of these units on a STREET 930?

Impression?
did you install it yourself? how hard and what is required for install? Remove seats and carpeting?

what about the Ebrake? Whats required for adjustment and how much travel is removed from the leaver? Pics?

Thanks in advance!
Mitch
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 AM
DonE
Burning Brakes

LOTS of discussions on this one - do a search here as well as Pelican.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:43 PM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

actually not that much discussion on this site, more on Pelican which i'm not really on...
did a little search over there and got some of my questions answered but not all...
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mitch, I have the Hargett in my 87 930. I like the shifter because it places the shifter up and back from the stock one. It also has a shorter throw that feels very good. There is no slop in the mechanism.

As far as an install goes, it's very easy. I didn mine myself. You can do it with or with out removing a seat (but it will be easier). You can leave the carpet in place, but may need to lift up and lower in places to get it installed. Foe the ebrake, you just adjust the cable ends at each rear wheel. You tighten it up enough so that it only takes 3-4 clicks to tighten the ebrake.

I have an early version and my car is set up for the track, but all the above applies. Here's a pic of mine from this weekend where I was removing the seat rails, so I could lower my track seat to the floor pan. There was a thread here or on Pelican that showed a street 930 with the rear cover on and carpeted. It looked great.
Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Here's a link on Pelican about it with some good street car interiors..

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hlight=Hargett

Check out The Turks post and his pictures: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=381187
Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 AM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

yeah, found the first one but the second link is pretty cool too.
i like how he made the cover... it does look great!

I still have yet to find a pic of a later 930(mine is an 88) with the black box heater control and this shifter...

from my reading it sounds like most people think this shifter is the bee's knees for everything but looking stock....

with the route i'm taking this car is though fit right in.
Just have to get it powder coated black!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

I don't think the auto heater control box will fit. Mine didn't work, so I just removed it. Now I have heat when I need it.

You may want to think about the WEVO with their coupling in back. It will keep everything stock looking. It also comes in black.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
ZX3tuning
Instructor

i'm not concerned about it looking stock, just not a fan of machined Al in an all black interior... trying to keep it somewhat low-key considering it's a Cabrio. Function is what i'm after and i've never been a fan of the location of the shifter on the 930... the main reason why i'm so interested in the Hargett setup.

Rocket,
you just removed the heater box and now you have heat when you need it? how did you wire that up?
i wonder if it would be possible to relocate the heater control box to where the older shifter was with the Hargett....
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
The Turk
Intermediate

Mitch,
Call Mark Hargett and talk with him, he's a really nice guy, I'm sure he can have the lever black anodized for you prior to assembly.
The rear cover is easily slotted, I used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade.

Gary

Quick Reply: Anny have a Hargett 930 shifter??