Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

Post Pics of Your Other Money Pits...Or Else!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
notthd
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Jitters
Hey thanks, the travel trailer is a 57 Kenskill. One of my Ebay finds... I fell in love with it when I first saw it...Currently have a 1950 Ford F1 in the garage that I'm restoring to haul the little beauty...

Ciao,

Jitters

NICE- thought you might- If memory serves me right the F1 was different than the F100 in 50- yours has the vents in the hood and has the turn lights mounted to the fender tops..?. Cool truck it will be perfect, ( except for large downhill highways, hope your leg muscles are in shape to " stand on" the pedal..LOL )

Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Jitters
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by notthd
NICE- thought you might- If memory serves me right the F1 was different than the F100 in 50- yours has the vents in the hood and has the turn lights mounted to the fender tops..?. Cool truck it will be perfect, ( except for large downhill highways, hope your leg muscles are in shape to " stand on" the pedal..LOL )

Mike
Oh believe me, the only thing that is going to remain original is the shell. I've driven so many old Ford PU's and believe me you always wind up praying just prior to braking. Old Fords were notorious for not going in a straight line once you applied the brakes. The original I-beam suspension is not user friendly either...Plan on installing a Mustang II kit on the front with discs all the way around...I am just to old to work that hard in trying to drive one of those old buggy's...And yes the F1 is pre F100...

Have a great weekend...

Jitters
Old 01-18-2008, 09:19 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
Yasin,

a 1988 Mazda 323 GT, my first new car. Man I miss that car. It eventually rusted out on me and I sold it in 2000. I had a centerforce dual friction clutch, an HKS exhaust, K&N air filter. My overboost warning used to go off all the time followed by my wastegate opening up. Sure brings back good memories.
Justin - Yup these cars are fantastic...! My car is just shy of 200hp (15psi) and it flies, just weighed the scale at 2230lbs. I am the 2nd owner too. BTW..I used to live in Richmond Hill before moving to Colorado. Miss TO, hated the winters and what it did to my cars. BTW only 703 323GTs came to North America...they are rare birds now and worth alot used in good condition.

Yasin

Quick Reply: Post Pics of Your Other Money Pits...Or Else!