911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

where do i put the jack???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
mdurbahn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do i put the jack???

I need to take my wheels off and check the "wheel index" what is the safe place to put the floor jack? I don't want to guess and possibly bend something..
Old 09-12-2007, 08:13 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the "wheel index"?

Do you not have the stock jacking hole? You can get a jack adapter that slips in there for a floor jack. Makes it safe, fast and easy. Otherwise there are four squares under the car, two behind the front wheels and two in front of the back wheels. They have a small round hole in them to identify them. You can use them to jack up one side of the car and then the other.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
mdurbahn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheel index= red wheel stud matches up with air nozzle on wheel. (I saw it might help high speed vibration on here, before I take it in for balancing)

I have boxed rockers and they covered up those side holes. I saw the squares, and that is where I was planning on lifting it but just wanted to confirm it first!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem with my boxed rockers.

I've never seen or heard of a red wheel stud before or used in conjunction with the valve stem. If your tire is balanced, it's figured in with the valve stem. To make it really smooth, you would balance it on the car. There's a place in Atlanta that does it. Gran Turesmo or something like that on Buford Hwy if you are near there.

But I could be wrong...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you can not clear the arm and rocker then cut a small section of a 2X4 and use that under the bad. The rear you can jack from the torsion bar. If you hit the rear and push the car high enough you can get three wheels up!

Quick Reply: where do i put the jack???