Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

1st post - buying 930 special wishes ???

Old 10-02-2007, 02:26 PM
jbailey930
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Have any engine pics? Nice car. Love the Fikse's.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Olli
Racer

Congratulations on the new acquisition! Nice car and like the others am looking forward to your impressions and details of your new car.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
JGMACHINE
Advanced

Thanks guys... It is going to be hard now that I have to split my time between the Corvette Forum and the Porsche Forum, and not to mention the H2 Forum....

I don't have any more photos yet, but when I get the car, I will gladly post them. Here is what I know about the car. The seller Paul is a friend from College. he originally wanted 50K for the car, but I was able to bargin to 37,500. The car has 34K miles on it...

The car is a Porsche's Sonderwunsch, or "special wish car. The interior was requested that year when red wasn’t offered. As I understand it, it is documented as the only 930 with red interior in 1985, Special Wish as well, the car was made and built in Europe to European standards.

The car also came with modified engine and was modified from the original HP to what it is today. Approx 400 rwhp, also the car has the Euro stance (lower than the US models) and has all of the goodies the US cars did not come with. I.E. - Fuel Head, posi trac, etc. Also, custom headers and borla exhaust. The car is lighter than US Spec models as well by a few hundred pounds. The car basically is conglomeration of components that the original owner wanted when the car was built. The car had Ruf components, Porsche special wishes, and US goodies. The intercooler is Andial, and has an Andial fuel enrichment setup for on-boost. Custom cams, euro fuel head, After Market Cold Air Intake with K&N filter. The brakes are Ferodo and I was told are the "floating setup". The car has Fikse Rims that have no rash, no scratches and look new. They are wrapped in Yokohama A032R tires. Interior is a 9 out of 10. Exterior is a 9.9 out of 10.

I posed the same picks on the corvetteforum. So far everone is supportive and no trash has been talked....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1827396

Last edited by JGMACHINE; 10-02-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks sweet. So I guess we'll be seeing you at the track soon?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
SoFast
Racer

Hey Joe,

Hello all. Yes, that is my car. I decided to sell. Many pressures from the wife. She just went through cervical cancer, and since I hace only posted 318.5 miles since purchase, I had to put her up for sale.

As for the comments, the engine has been modfied, but the information is the information I obtained was from the previous owner. All I know, I contacted Porshce to see the validity. The only information offered to me was that that car was infact returned to the factory for additional options and interior changes. Thus the Special Wishes classification. (Previous Owner Classification) Unable to verify true classification.

The car was modified from a former technician associated with Ruf here in the US. Thus the Ruf930S plate. (Previous Owner wanted Ruf performance) The car was built with a cam, headers, Head Work, K27, Euro Fuel Head modification (to what extent, unknown) ,Andial Fuel Enrichment, Andial Intake, Cold Air Intake, 8:1 compression. Again, based on former owner information and conversation with former technician. RWHP is truly not known. A dyno sheet was e-mailed to me upon original purchase. I was always skeptical, but the car was mighty quick. As well, Brent930's car was sold to another individual who drove my 930. He commented on the quickness, and that 930 had 450RWHP on CIS. Not attributing HP to HP.

Anyway, the car is immaculate inside and out. He should enjoy it more than I had the opportunity to. Plus, he doesnt have a three year old who drives his bycycle like his mother. With reckless abandon! So, welcome Joe (JG Machine). I am not gone for good from Rennlist. Someday, I will be back with another 930 that I can modify and not worry about so much about. More of a daily driver.

BTW, Yasin, make sure you give JGMachine a proper welcome.

Last edited by SoFast; 10-02-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
JGMACHINE
Advanced

Hey Paul...

To bad it still won't beat your brothers GT40....
Joe
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFast
BTW, Yasin, make sure you give JGMachine a proper welcome.
I knew that was your car! I did not realize that you only drove it 300 or so miles since purchase!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your wife and hope that she is on the road to recovery. We will be thinking about her for sure.

I will miss all the banters with you and the friendly "jabs"...especially when I first joined here a few years ago!

All the best and you have my contact info if you ever want to chat.

Warm regards - Yasin

P.S: I know you are still ole skool Skyline dreamin'
Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 AM
SoFast
Racer

GT40 Dreamin Joe. GT40 Dreamin! LOL I had to come up with somethin good. Cant always be about Porsche. Maybe when you get the new Z06, ill be talkin about that, even if you dont get it. LOL BTW, Story lines always sound better when they are juicy. Plus, I couldnt say it was mine. Who would have believed that? Not even myself.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 AM
SoFast
Racer

Yasin

Thanks for th kind words. You were always a good guy to chat with. Keep up the good work with the 930. You help a lot of people on here, including myslef. I never had the chance to turn the wrench like you did, but the posts you provided were quite helpful. Always kept me thinking! I regret having to sell, and I had high hopes and aspirations for the car. Just never got to it! Time was not something I was afforded the luxury right now! So, I am glad the car is going to a great home. Joe is a great guy! He will keep the car in fantastic shape and maybe do the mods I always wanted to do!

BTW, I would never turn down an ol' skool Skyline! Someday. Ill be the ricer. LOL BTW, Ill definately call you then for sure.

Last edited by SoFast; 10-03-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM
shelbygtkr
Instructor

i have seen a few 84-85 930 models with the same interior, nice car but it is not the only 1985 930 with a red interior and seats:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Porsche Special Wishes program was where their slant nose cars where made and where not equiped with factory ruff parts, why would it get sent there?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
SoFast
Racer

There is documentaion that the vehicle was sent back for interior and other modifications. Thus, I am truly unsure. Porsche said they do not hold onto the specific documentation. Only the transactions. Thus, all I got was the car was sent back and changes were made. Going on the previous owners info and the Porsche factory!

As well, some modifications were made to the engine. Those were made here in the U.S.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
pdqcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul, you have our prayers for your wife's full recovery. It takes an exceptional man to recognize and deal properly with shifting family priorities. Sorry you're in that position, but good for you to be one of the "good" ones!

Congratulations Joe on an outstanding find.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by shelbygtkr
i have seen a few 84-85 930 models with the same interior, nice car but it is not the only 1985 930 with a red interior and seats:
I figured or thought it to mean Red car w/Red interior... there are few if anymore of those around.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:59 PM
SoFast
Racer

Thanks for the kind replies. It is hard to see her go. But, it is for all of the right decisions. When I get more time and things settle down, I will look for a new adventure. Until then, Ill lurk and comment here and there!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st post - buying 930 special wishes ???