Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:43 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 82 930 FS in New England

Guys:

I posted a question about this car; I've since found out that it's been stored for the last 10 years and is coming out of storage now for sale, and I don't want to mess with that, but if anyone's feeling adventurous ... no affiliation and I haven't seen it in person. Couple of pics on the link below. Asking price is $27k.

Moss Green Metalic, 45,000 mi., 300 HP, 4 sp. trans., Elec. Sunroof, Blk. Leather Int., Always garaged, never driven in winter, taken out of garage for photos., Owned and maintained by aircraft mechanic and former Porsche mechanic. ALL ORIGINAL OEM Porsche, Not modified in any way. This 930 is extremely fast, it is the fastest (unmodified) Porsche I have ever driven. I have reached 280 Km/Hr(174MPH)and it still has more throttle. I have owned it for 21 years and hardly ever drive it. Im just too busy. If you have ever thought of owning a 930 Turbo, This is the one.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/car/248300654.html
Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 PM
hailwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a lot of good mechanics in the boston area. see where it was worked on and get the opinion of the shop that sees the car most often.

car looks good, but hard to tell from pictures.

price seems fair for a good condition car with 45K miles.

bring it to a shop and get it looked at.

if they give it the thumbs up, i say get it.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:34 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh, I know the great mechanics around here ... but just think about 10 years with all those rubber oil lines and brake lines swelling and deteriorating, not to mention the potential for rust and corrosion in the gas tank and fuel system (lines, injectors, fuel distributor, rails), plus the condition of the pistons and the turbos and the wiring harness, AC ... putting a 930 back on the road 10 years later is certainly not for the faint of heart. Even if the owner did everything right when he stored it -- and as an aircraft mechanic he certainly might have -- that's still an expensive gamble.

Then again it could be a peach of a car ... and that deep green paint over black leather would be striking and unusual.

Quick Reply: 82 930 FS in New England