911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

1985 930 progress pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:18 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1985 930 progress pics

I'll do my best to post more pics of the recent upgrades/mods I've completed to my 930. Here are 3 pics to show a before and after of simple little things that can go a long way to improve the 930. You'll notice a set of Harrgett Valve covers, custom dump tube, new factory heater hose, new oil line. Props to Yasin for making the oil line! Enjoy!
E-man930
Attached Images    
Old 09-24-2005, 09:29 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Looks great Emanuel!!

By the way did you cut the Fire Guard into two? I sleeved a 12" long piece in there to keep the heat of the exhaust away from the oil line, in your pic.. you have the cut section of the Fire Guard up near the oil scavenge pump in front of the head, its not really protecting much there, as there is no real heat in this area. Just a heads up.

On your wastegate dump tube, my preference would have been to weld the tube right to the flange.

Also you gotta love installing new heater hoses on the left side at the very back...I did mine on Friday...alot of cursing involved (well some anyway).

Hope to see more updates!

Yasin
Old 09-29-2005, 10:55 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yasin - Hey Buddy!
I did cut the firebraid in half, I have ordered the next size up for the entire lenght of the oil line. The two spots where I have it now are closest to headers...
Where can I get the rubber wrapped clamps from. The one I recieved from you was too small to slip over the studs for the valve covers. This will also help keep the line further away from the headers. Oh, and yes, the drivers side heater hose sucked to put on! I could not weld the new dump tube to the flange as it's diameter is about ".75 larger than the stock pipe so I had to leave enough room for the nuts to spin on...

Sorry for the update delays, I'm swamped @ work. I'll have more pics up this friday before RA.
E-man
Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

E-man,
Looking good, wanna see the Hargette valve covers. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: 1985 930 progress pics