Notices
911 Turbo (930) Forum 1975-1989

89 930: Low Boost

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 03:25 AM
fritz k.
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

If this is like described a basic check of the ignition and injection is recommended, also and especially in connection with the engine overhaul. It would be a pity if an expensive revision was nullified due to an assembly error or a faulty old parts .

First of all, the electrical fault should be fixed. The fuel pumps are very reliable, the fault probably has another cause. Or has the vehicle been
​​​​​ sat for a long time?

If the fuel pumps are running reliably, it should be ruled out that a leak leds to false air somewhere, a common issue.
When leak air can be ruled out it is recommended is to check system and control pressure of the CIS, it needs just a manometer and a few fittings but its essential for reliable warm and cold start, stable idling and propper AFR .
Finally, I would check the ignition timing and firing order again.

With all this, I assume that the engine is mechanically in good order, i.e. control times and valve clearance are correct.

Sounds like a lot of effort, but it is done relatively quickly and should be done anyway after an overhaul to secure and check your own work.

Fritz

Last edited by fritz k.; 11-14-2022 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Jeff777
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, thanks very much. The car did sit for long time. Previous owner had it in a museum for 4 years where it sat unserviced. The oil came out as grey muck and there was corrosion in the engine hence the rebuild.

Quick Reply: 89 930: Low Boost