Wondering about install Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 07:09 PM
jopi73
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering about install Turbo!

Hello for every body!

I'm form Finland and read your discus every day, and trying learn more Porsche.
I wonder can i install Turbo in my 911 motor whit out doing big changes.
Know i have 3.0 sc typ 930/10 204hp cis whit 9.8:1 compression. Can i low that compression ratio, buting some springs under cylinders? Or what?
Also that cis fuel system, can i modified that some how?

ps. i know that my Enlish is bad but if some body understand please dont hesitate
to tell me what to do

Thanks jopi73
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 PM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 3.0L can be reduced in compression by installing new pistons like the 3.0 turbo ones. Then you would need the exhaust and intake system from a turbo, or use a custon exhaust and intercooler to fit you CIS system. No mater what you do it is gonna cost you lots of money and you probably be cheaper to find a used 930 engine. There are some supercharger kits for the 911SC that probably be your cheapest way to go forced induction. In the states Supercharger of Knoxville does these conversion. Your best bet is to sell the car and find a turbo car to buy.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:54 AM
jopi73
3rd Gear

Default Doing turbo

Thanks for fast repley.

Ok i have also thinking that too at bay new car, but in here there is no so many turbo wan to bay.
Still i thinking to made that. 'i have all ready that turbocharger. Those pipes are not the proplem. But that how to have correct camshaft or how reduce correct
compression ratio , it seems to be that i haveto changes new pistons is that only way? i know that it is maybe the best way!
Im not want so high boost and it may last thats why litle bit longer

And excaust is no problem also only that what is in side the motor.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
911rudy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jopi,
I had a beautiful '87 Targa and wanted more power. I looked and talked to some of the best shops in the USA and they all said to either trade the car or sell it and buy a 930. I traded with a guy that had an '87 930 and life is good. I know it seems like there just a few pieces that you need, but once you take the engine out and start replacing parts and then having to tune and map the fuel, you still have the accessories to deal with ie; aux oil cooler, wastegate, boost gauge and boost cut switch for engine protection. The easiest way is to sell your car and the next easiest way is to buy a complete 930 engine. If you buy the engine from a wreck, rebuild it while you have it out and replace the clutch because you will need a new one with the added power.
I used to fly to Helsinki a lot when I was a pilot with Pan Am. It's a beautiful place and the ladies aren't bad either. Good luck my friend,

Rudy
Old 01-08-2005, 03:08 PM
jetskied
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Rudy, if 930s are hard to find I would suggest getting a used 930 engine. My suggestion would be to call Part Haven in Haward, CA. Do a web search and you'll find their number. Another suggestion is to call some engine tuners in Europe. FVD is a good noted one in Germany.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:13 AM
jopi73
3rd Gear

Default Ok boys!

All right!
Thanks boys your advise, butt still if you thinking to add some ponies in your engine i think turbo is maybe the easyest thing to do? Maybe also cheapest.?
This is my opinnion and i maid be also wrong

My engine is now of the car and something i want to do for it to rase ponies!
Any ideas? I have to tell you that 911 is not my first car what i tuned butt it is first
porsche. Firts was VW beetle that car has 112hp rear wheel after we had doing something about it.

So if anything game your mind , tell me

cincerely Jopi

ps. Hard work is no broplem And in Finland here is beatyfull womens !!!

Quick Reply: Wondering about install Turbo!